- This article is about the comic. You may be looking for TNG episode: "Where No One Has Gone Before".
Six issue mini-series based on the hot new TV show.
- Captain's log, stardate 41187.5
- The USS Enterprise slices through the pitch thickness of an unmapped sector like a shaft. Her own legend, and those of her predecessors, serving us as fuel for this and all her subsequent missions. Manned by Federation officers and crew, who engineer each step of our quest for understanding… propelling us further and deeper than ever before—in a seemingly endless thirst for knowledge and harmony. Traveling with us, the constant reminder of why we're out here... families, most notably children. The generations of the future who deserve to know what's out here in order to press on. Their very presence is my pressure to perform—our need to succeed. That's what drives each and every one of my bridge crew.
The USS Enterprise makes contact with the Theluvians, the native inhabitants of Syntagus Theluv. Their greetings are friendly, but the ship is suddenly fired upon from the planet. An away team transports down but is also attacked. The away team subdues their foes and all are picked up by a Theluvian ship, where they learn that the Theluvians age backwards - the "adults" who attacked them are actually children playing a game, and the "children" who picked them up are adults.
- Michael Bickley • Patricia Bickley • Beverly Crusher • Wesley Crusher • Data • Elreth • Geordi La Forge • Moezer • Jean-Luc Picard • Raymond • William T. Riker • Deanna Troi • Worf, son of Mogh • Tasha Yar
- Referenced only
- Jack Crusher • Merlin
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Planets and planetoidsEdit
Stars and systemsEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Technology and weaponsEdit
- android • auxiliary power • communicator • computer • deflector shield • mark V personal phaser • phaser • punisher • sensor • starship • tricorder • Tripolian hellblazer • turbolift • viewer • VISOR
Ranks and titlesEdit
- captain • chief medical officer • commander • commanding officer • counselor • engineer • ensign • first officer • flight controller • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • lieutenant junior grade • mister • officer • operations manager • second officer • security chief • senior staff
- adrenal fluid • away team • bridge clearance • cape • captain's log • carbon • carbon-based • city • class M planet • clothing • diplomacy • Federation regulation 12-MJC • Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (2350s-2360s) • first contact • government • humanoid • lifeform • light • light-year • log entry • marriage • medicine • minute • nation-state • orbit • planet • planetary classification • precognition • Prime Directive • races and cultures • rank • second • sector • space • star • star system • stardate • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2350s-2366) • stellar cartography • tea • technology • telepath • time • title • uniform • weapon • year
The concept of a backward-aging race had previously been presented in the TAS episode: "The Counter-Clock Incident" at the time this story was published. The concept would be revisited in the VOY episode: "Innocence".
According to a TNG timeline published by DC Comics, this story is set between "Encounter at Farpoint" and "The Naked Now", although the events of the series seem to be set after several other episodes had taken place.
DC Comics (volume 1)
#2: Spirit in the Sky!
Spirit in the Sky!
Chapter 8 Section 6
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next Adventure:|
Spirit in the Sky!