Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|years:|| 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944
|decades:||1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s|
|centuries:||19th century - 20th century - 21st century|
- December 7 - The American naval base at Pearl Harbor is attacked by Japanese air and naval forces. Many naval vessels docked at Pearl Harbor were destroyed or seriously damaged in the attack, though thankfully, the American aircraft carriers were out at sea at the time of the attack. A few days later, President Franklin D. Roosevelt declared war on Japan, Germany, and Italy, officially entering World War II.
- December 7 - In an alternate timeline created by Leonard McCoy when he saved Edith Keeler from being killed in a traffic accident in New York City in 1930, she went on to found the American Pacifist Movement, a large and powerful peace organization. The growth of Keeler's organization in the following years managed to influence Roosevelt's foreign and military policies, forcing him to assume a less aggressive stance against the Axis Powers in the early years of World War II. Because of these changes, Japan did not attack Pearl Harbor in 1941, and the United States' entry into the war was delayed until 1944.
- December 29 - President Roosevelt paid an official visit to Atlanta, Georgia. In response, the Governor of Georgia, a political opponent, invited the American Pacifist Movement to hold a rally at the state capitol on the same day.
References and NotesEdit
- ↑ TNG episode: "The Enemy"
- ↑ DS9 episode: "Far Beyond the Stars"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 TOS novel: Crucible: McCoy: Provenance of Shadows
According to reference book Phase II: The Lost Series, a script commissioned for the aborted Phase II series, "Tomorrow and the Stars", would have depicted Captain James T. Kirk's adventures trapped in 1941 during the Attack on Pearl Harbor.