Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1955|
|years:|| 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958
(stardates from 1955.0)
|decades:||1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s|
|centuries:||19th century - 20th century - 21st century|
1955 was, on Earth's calendar, the 56th year of the 21st century, and the sixth year of the 1950s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 1955.0.
- On Earth, Human astronomer Colin Stanley Gum discovers a nebula which has formed from a supernova remnant. The nebula was christened the Gum Nebula in his honor.
- In October, the aircraft carrier USS Forrestal is commissioned.
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1955 births|
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1955 deaths|
Births and deathsEdit
- Leonard McCoy is killed by a Nazi fighter pilot in Hayden, South Carolina.
- World War II continued until into this year.
- James T. Kirk is placed in a mental hospital.
References and notesEdit
- ↑ TTN novel: Orion's Hounds
- ↑ TNG novel: Ghost Ship
- ↑ TOS episode: "Miri"
- ↑ TOS novel: The Cry of the Onlies
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 TOS - Crucible novel: Provenance of Shadows
- ↑ TOS short story: "Mind-Sifter"
| From History's Shadow|
|The Original Series||January 14, 1955||novel|
Provenance of Shadows
Chapter 52, Section 2
|The Original Series||1955||novel||Alternate-timetrack history of what would have occurred on Earth, had Dr. McCoy prevented Edith Keeler's death in 1930. McCoy killed by invading Nazi soldier.|