|years:||1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978|
|decades:||1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s|
|centuries:||19th century - 20th century - 21st century|
1975 was, on Earth's calendar, the 76th year of the 20th century, and the sixth year of the 1970s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 1975.0, with the reference stardate system beginning this era on stardate -1/75.
- The tanker Edmund Fitzgerald is lost with all hands in Lake Superior.
- The Vietnam War ends.
- The F-104 Starfighter is taken out of service.
- The movie Jaws is released.
- The joint Soyuz/Apollo program spacecraft test mission.
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1975 births|
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1975 deaths|
Births and deathsEdit
References and notesEdit
- ↑ TNG - The Space Between comic: "Captain's Pleasure".
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Historical fact.
- ↑ TNG novel: Ghost Ship.
- ↑ ST reference: Spaceflight Chronology.
- TOS novelization anthology: Log Four, by Alan Dean Foster is released.
- From television's most popular science fiction series!
- Complete in this volume:
- The Terratin Incident:
- The Time Trap:
- More Tribbles, More Troubles:
- Gold Key TOS comic #29: "The Planet of No Return" (reprint of Issue 1) is released.
- TOS novelization anthology: Star Trek 11, by James Blish is released.
- Six amazing adventures from the award-winning television series created by Gene Roddenberry!—On the Enterprise's latest mission an alien presence of unsurpassed beauty invades the starship; an eighteenth-century squire entertains the crew on an uncharted planet; Kirk declares war on the Klingons; and more!…
- ST reference: Blueprints by Franz Joseph is published by Ballantine Books.
- Gold Key TOS comic #30: "Death of a Star" is released.
- The last gasp of a dying star.—The Enterprise is on a mission to the star Isis to observe the death of the stellar body, expected to occur in 48 hours, decimating its star system. While Federation records indicate the system is uninhabited, but Lieutenant Sulu detects humanoid life on the third planet, Isis III—emanating from a single spot, as if the planet's entire population were on the head of a pin!…
- Star Trek lives on in syndicated repeat airings.
- Gold Key TOS comic #31: "The Final Truth" is released.
- TOS novelization anthology: Log Five, by Alan Dean Foster is released.
- Three exciting episodes from television's most popular science fiction series!
- Complete in this volume:
- The Ambergris Element:
- Pirates of Orion:
- Gold Key TOS comic #32: "The Animal People" is released.
- The animal people—they lived like beasts but rebelled like men!
- Gold Key TOS comic #33: "The Choice" is released.