|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1977|
- For other uses, see 1977.
|years:||1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980|
|decades:||1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s|
|centuries:||19th century - 20th century - 21st century|
1977 was, on Earth's calendar, the 78th year of the 20th century, and the eighth year of the 1970s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 1977.0 or reference stardate -1/77.
Births and deathsEdit
- 16 September
References and notesEdit
- ↑ TOS movie: Star Trek.
- ↑ Star Trek: The Role Playing Game (FASA).
- ↑ Historical fact.
- ↑ ST website: Startrek.com
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1977 productions and publications|
- TOS comic #44: Prince Traitor.
- Star Trek lives on in syndicated repeat airings.
- TOS novel: The Price of the Phoenix, by Sondra Marshak and Myrna Culbreath is released.
- A new Star Trek experience. The incredible saga of death, destiny and rebirth on a madman's planet. Captain Kirk is dead—Long live Captain Kirk! Spock, Doctor McCoy and the other crewmen of the starship Enterprise experience a stunning double shock. The first, painful blow is Captain Kirk's tragic death. Then, Captain Kirk's miraculous rebirth reveals the most awesome force the Enterprise has ever encountered. Spock is forced into a desperate gamble for Kirk's Human soul agaisnt Omne—the ultimate emperor of life beyond life, and death beyond hell… The price of the phoenix. A nerve-shattering voyage into unknown terror with the starship Enterprise.
- Gold Key TOS comic #45: "The Voodoo Planet" (reprint of Issue 7) is released.
- TOS comic #48: Sweet Smell of Evil, by Arnold Drake and Doug Drexler
- TOS novelization omnibus: Star Trek: A Collector's Set, by James Blish (episodes 1-8)
- TOS novelization anthology: Star Trek 12, by James Blish
- TOS comic #49: A Warp in Space, by George Kashdan.