|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1989|
- For other uses, see 1989.
|years:|| 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992
(stardates from 1989.0)
|decades:||1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s|
|centuries:||19th century - 21st century - 21st century|
1989 was, on Earth's calendar, the 90th year of the 20th century, and the tenth and final year of the 1980s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 1989.0.
- The Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi, left office after losing a general election.
- July - Roberta Lincoln and Gary Seven believe that James T. Kirk was killed in the Tiananmen Square crackdown until equally unverifiable reports credit him with the death of Ayatollah Khomeini.
- November 9th - While Roberta Lincoln watches the fall of the Berlin Wall on 9 November , Khan Noonien Singh breaks into the secret hideout of Gary Seven, threatening Roberta and ultimately destroying a lot of the technical equipment there, but not before extracting information about the remaining children of the Chrysalis Project and about the method that was supposed to be used to fix the hole in the ozone layer. Khan was part of a mission conducted by Gary Seven in 1984 to prevent the method from being applied.
Births and deathsEdit
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1989 births|
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1989 deaths|
References and notesEdit
- ↑ TOS movie: Star Trek.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 TOS novel: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 1.
- ↑ Historical fact.
| The Eugenics Wars|
The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 1
|The Original Series||9 November 1989||novel|
- TNG novel #8: The Captains' Honor, by David Dvorkin and Daniel Dvorkin
- TOS comic #1: The Return!, by Peter David
- TOS novel #46: The Cry of the Onlies, by Judy Klass
- TOS novel: The Lost Years, by J.M. Dillard (Hardcover)
- TNG comic #1: Return to Raimon, by Michael Jan Friedman
- TNG novel #9: A Call to Darkness, by Michael Jan Friedman
- TOS comic #2: The Sentence, by Peter David
- TNG comic #2: Murder, Most Foul, by Michael Jan Friedman
- TOS novel #47: The Kobayashi Maru, by Julia Ecklar
- TOS comic #3: Death Before Dishonor, by Peter David
- TNG comic #3: The Derelict, by Michael Jan Friedman