|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1989|
- For other uses, see 1989.
|years:|| 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992
(stardates from 1989.0)
|decades:||1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s|
|centuries:||19th century - 21st century - 21st century|
1989 was, on Earth's calendar, the 90th year of the 20th century, and the tenth and final year of the 1980s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 1989.0.
- The Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi, left office after losing a general election.
- July - Roberta Lincoln and Gary Seven believe that James T. Kirk was killed in the Tiananmen Square crackdown until equally unverifiable reports credit him with the death of Ayatollah Khomeini.
- November 9th - While Roberta Lincoln watches the fall of the Berlin Wall on 9 November , Khan Noonien Singh breaks into the secret hideout of Gary Seven, threatening Roberta and ultimately destroying a lot of the technical equipment there, but not before extracting information about the remaining children of the Chrysalis Project and about the method that was supposed to be used to fix the hole in the ozone layer. Khan was part of a mission conducted by Gary Seven in 1984 to prevent the method from being applied.
Births and deathsEdit
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1989 births|
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||1989 deaths|
References and notesEdit
- ↑ TOS movie: Star Trek.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 TOS novel: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 1.
- ↑ Historical fact.
| The Eugenics Wars|
The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 1
|The Original Series||9 November 1989||novel|
- TNG novel #4: Survivors by Jean Lorrah.
- Treva—a Human colony on the fringes of known space. Isolated from the rest of the galaxy, at last a report they were on the verge of becoming a true interstellar community—a full fledged member of the Federation. But now the USS Enterprise has received a distress signal. Treva is in the throes of a violent revolution, a revolution led by a merciless warlord who has committed countless atrocities in the name of freedom. Data and Lieutenant Tasha Yar are dispatched to investigate. But once they reach Treva, they discover the truth—and any possible solution—may be far more complex than a simple rebellion. For Treva's president wants more than Starfleet's good words in her fight against the rebels. She wants their weapons. And before the battle is over, she means to get them. Over Data and Yar's dead bodies, if necessary.
- week of 9 January
- week of 23 January
- week of 30 January
- TOS novel #44: Vulcan's Glory by D.C. Fontana.
- Here is a very special Star Trek novel—from the woman constantly voted by the fans as their favorite writer from the original Star Trek television series! D.C. Fontana, writer of such classic Star Trek episodes as "Journey to Babel" and "This Side of Paradise", here brings us the never-before-told story of a very young Mr. Spock, on his first mission aboard the USS Enterprise. You'll also meet Captain Christopher Pike and his enigmatic first officer "Number One" (previously seen only in the original Star Trek pilot, "The Cage"), as well as the ship's brand new engineering officer, Montgomery Scott. Vulcan's Glory is the tale of Spock's struggle to reconcile his many obligations—those forced on him by his Vulcan heritage, and those chosen by him upon his enlistment in Starfleet—to balance the wishes of others against the desires of his own heart.
- week of 6 February
- week of 13 February
- week of 20 February
- TNG novel #8: The Captains' Honor, by David Dvorkin and Daniel Dvorkin
- TOS comic #1: The Return!, by Peter David
- TOS novel #46: The Cry of the Onlies, by Judy Klass
- TOS novel: The Lost Years, by J.M. Dillard (Hardcover)
- TNG comic #1: Return to Raimon, by Michael Jan Friedman
- TNG novel #9: A Call to Darkness, by Michael Jan Friedman
- TOS comic #2: The Sentence, by Peter David
- TNG comic #2: Murder, Most Foul, by Michael Jan Friedman
- TOS novel #47: The Kobayashi Maru, by Julia Ecklar
- TOS comic #3: Death Before Dishonor, by Peter David
- TNG comic #3: The Derelict, by Michael Jan Friedman