|This article or subsection has an associated category.||2017|
- For other uses, see 2017.
|years:|| 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020
(stardates from 2017.0)
|decades:||1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|centuries:||20th century - 21st century - 22nd century|
2017 was, on Earth's calendar, the 18th year of the 21st century, and the eighth year of the 2010s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 2017.0.
References and notesEdit
- Dates listed here reflect the official release date of publications; prose publications typically become available in the final weeks of the preceding month, but have no set release date; comics do have specific release days, which normally occur at intervals throughout their release month.
- "Star Trek: Boldly Go, Issue 7", from IDW Publishing, is released.
- Issue 5 of Star Trek/Green Lantern: Stranger Worlds, from IDW Publishing, is released.
- Hidden Universe Travel Guide: The Klingon Empire, by Dayton Ward.
- Gold Key Archives, Volume 6 from IDW Publishing.
- The Classic UK Comics, Volume 3.
- "Deviations: Beta" from IDW Publishing.
- Stranger Worlds omnibus from IDW Publishing.
- Postponed from May: Star Trek: Discovery TV series premiere on CBS and CBS All Access ("The Vulcan Hello" on both platforms and "Battle at the Binary Stars" on All Access only).
- Discovery novel, Desperate Hours by David Mack.
- Deep Space Nine novel, Original Sin by David R. George III.
- TTN novel: Fortune of War by David Mack.
- From New York Times bestselling author David Mack comes an original, thrilling novel set in the universe of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Death slumbers in the ashes of silent planets, waiting to be awakened and unleashed… Twenty years have passed since the interstellar scourge known as the Husnock were exterminated without warning by a being with godlike abilities. Left behind, intact but abandoned, their desolate worlds and derelict ships brim with destructive potential. Now a discovery by a Federation cultural research team has drawn the attention of several ruthless factions. From black market smugglers to alien military forces, it seems every belligerent power in the quadrant hopes to capture the Husnock's lethal technology. All that stands between the galaxy and those who have come to plunder the cruelest secrets of the Husnock are Admiral William T. Riker, Captain Christine Vale, and the crew of the starship Titan.
- Waypoint Omnibus from IDW Publishing.
- PRM novel #1: Fire with Fire (English language) by Christian Humberg and Bernd Perplies.
- A mysterious terrorist organization has carried out several attacks against the Federation and Klingon Empire. Tensions are running high in a region already crippled by conflict. The perpetrators are tracked to the Lembatta Cluster, a mysterious region of space whose inhabitants, the Renao, regard the Alpha Quadrant's powers as little more than conquering tyrants. The Federation are desperate to prevent more bloodshed, and so have sent their flagship, the USS Prometheus, into the Cluster to investigate the threat before all-consuming war breaks out.
- TOS - Boldly Go comic: "Issue 14" from IDW Publishing.
- DSC - The Light of Kahless comic: "Issue 1" from IDW Publishing.
- The Art of Star Trek: The Kelvin Timeline by Jeff Bond.
- TNG - Mirror Broken comic: "Issue 5" from IDW Publishing.
- Star Trek Magazine, Issue 191.
- TOS - New Visions comic: "The Hunger" from IDW Publishing.
- TOS - Boldly Go comic: "Issue 15" from IDW Publishing.