|This article or subsection has an associated category.||2019|
|years:|| 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022
(stardates from 2019.0)
|decades:||1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|centuries:||20th century - 21st century - 22nd century|
2019 was, on Earth's calendar, the 20th year of the 21st century, and the tenth and final year of the 2010s decade. Although this was a time period before Human formulation of stardates, this era begins with stardate 2019.0.
- 2019 was the rookie year of baseball player Buck Bokai in the Planetary Baseball League, for the Crenshaw Monarchs. He had 162 games, 616 times at bat, 118 runs, 185 hits, with 32 doubles, 2 triples, 10 stolen bases and 37 home runs. He was responsible for 111 runs batted in and had a batting average of .300.
- In "Past Tense, Part II", Benjamin Sisko mentioned that 2015 was Bokai's rookie year. However, the on-set prop baseball card from DS9's first season lists Bokai's rookie year in 2019, playing for Crenshaw. The logical explanation is that he played for another league previously and thus had another rookie year, unless Sisko simply did not correctly recall his trivia.
- Baseball's following in 2019 was about half of the amount of fans the sport had in the year 1999.
- The Human generational ship Forty Families was launched from Earth. Unlike previous vessels before her, the Forty Families was the first manned interstellar vessel to be equipped with Bussard ramjet engines. Unfortunately, soon after the Forty Families was launched, all contact was lost with the vessel and she was declared lost.
- The Vulcan civilization perfects their advanced warp drive that would be used to facilitate new colonization efforts.
References and notesEdit
- ↑ TOS movie: Star Trek.
- ↑ DS9 episode: "If Wishes Were Horses".
- ↑ This information comes from a baseball card seen throughout Star Trek: Deep Space Nine on Ben Sisko's desk, notably in DS9 episode: "The Storyteller" and "If Wishes Were Horses".
- ↑ TNG novel: Fortune's Light.
- ↑ TOS novel: World Without End.
- ↑ TOS novel: Memory Prime.