|| 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164
|Decades:||2130s 2140s 2150s 2160s 2170s 2180s 2190s|
|Centuries:||21st century - 22nd century - 23rd century|
- The historical record indicates that the United Earth ship Enterprise (NX-01), under the command of Commodore Jonathan Archer, is attacked by privateers after participating in a mission to save the daughter of former Andorian Imperial Guardsman Thy'lek Shran. History records that in the course of the attack, Enterprise chief engineer Charles Tucker III is killed, sacrificing himself to save Archer; unbeknownst to the galaxy at large, the fake attack actually occured six years earlier, when Tucker faked his own death, and went into hiding thereafter to serve as a covert agent for the secret organization known as Section 31. 
- 12 August 2161: The Articles of the Federation are signed in San Francisco on Earth by United Earth, Vulcan, the Andorian Empire, Tellar, and Alpha Centauri; the United Federation of Planets has officially come into existence. Amongst the signatories are Jonathan Archer of Earth, Soval of Vulcan, Gora bim Gral of Tellar, and Nathan Samuels of Earth. 
- Shortly thereafter, the first President of the United Federation of Planets is elected.  The first presidential term is an abbreviated one, with the next election occuring in 2164 and the next term commencing at the beginning of 2165. 
- The Enterprise NX-01 is decommissoned and made into a museum ship. The NX-01 survives at least until 2370. 
- The Federation Starfleet is chartered, replacing its predecessor, the United Earth Starfleet. It also incorporates the space agencies of Andoria, Vulcan, Tellar, and Alpha Centauri. Director Chinua Abute is placed in charge of the new Starfleet; he hires both soldiers from the Romulan War and scientists as the first captains of the new Starfleet. The fleet is, at first, at odds, with the soldiers and scientists distrusting each other and vying for control of the fleet; but they soon learn to work together, creating a coherent and efficient fleet. 
- The USS Daedalus is launched, under the command of Captain Hiro Matsura. 
- The Klingon Empire subjugates the inhabitants of an icy world they call taD ("frozen").
Promotions and transfersEdit
- Jonathan Archer is promoted to the rank of Admiral in the Federation Starfleet, transferring to that organization's jurisdiction. 
- In 2161, Captain Stillwell offered then-Ensign Travis Mayweather a posting aboard his vessel following the decommissioning of Mayweather's previous ship, the NX class Enterprise (NX-01). Preferring to continue serving with Captain Jonathan Archer, his commanding officer from Enterprise, Mayweather did not give Stillwell an immediate answer as he first wanted to see what Captain Archer was going to do next. 
References and NotesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 ENT episode: "These Are the Voyages..."
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 ENT novel: Last Full Measure
- ↑ In at least one continuity, Thomas Vanderbilt of United Earth is elected the first Federation President.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 ST novel: Starfleet: Year One
- ↑ TNG novel: Diplomatic Implausibility - In 2375, T'Latrek states this event took place 214 years previously.
|Starfleet: Year One||Star Trek||2161||novel|
| Killing Time|
Chapters 22 & 23
|The Original Series||2161||novel|
|These Are the Voyages...||Enterprise||2161||episode|
| Zero Hour|