|This article or subsection has an associated category.||2243|
|years:|| 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246
(stardates from 2243.0)
|decades:||2210s 2220s 2230s 2240s 2250s 2260s 2270s|
|centuries:||22nd century - 23rd century - 24th century|
2243 was, on Earth's calendar, the 44th year of the 23rd century, and the fourth year of the 2240s decade. Besides this time period's Human dates, in stardates this era begin with stardate 2243.0 in some systems of dating.
- Richard Daystrom invents duotronic technology. (TOS episode: "The Ultimate Computer", DS9 novel: Arcade, VOY video game: Elite Force)
- Mark Rousseau enters Starfleet Academy. 
- Sybok briefly lives with Sarek's family. 
- The Federation makes first contact with the Ariolo. 
- Robert April oversees the construction of the first two Constitution class vessels.
- other notable people
- Leo Brownell • Chainsaw • Carlos Florida • Graff • Idrys • Scratch Jones • Kai • Francis Drake Reed • Saffire • Spirit Claw Sanawey
References and notesEdit
- ↑ TOS movie: Star Trek.
- ↑ ST reference: Federation: The First 150 Years.
- ↑ TOS novel: Final Frontier.
| The Final Reflection|
|The Original Series||2243||novel|
| Final Frontier|
|The Original Series||2244||novel||The novel is dated using the Spaceflight Chronology, which suggests a rather different interpretation of Star Trek history than more contemporary sources. The Pocket Books Timeline places these events in 2244, however repeated references to James T. Kirk's tenth birthday indicate it occurs in 2243.|
|The Original Series||c. 2245||comic||Portrays the shakedown cruise of the USS Enterprise, some time before its commission under that name. Later issues of the series place this eight years prior to "The Ends of Eternity", when Captain April is in command the Enterprise, and thus can be no later than 2251.|