|years:|| 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276
(stardates from 2273.0, or circa 7412)
|decades:||2240s 2250s 2260s 2270s 2280s 2290s 2300s|
|centuries:||22nd century - 23rd century - 24th century|
2273 was, on Earth's calendar, the 74th year of the 23rd century, and the fourth year of the 2270s decade. Besides this time period's Human dates, in stardates this era begin with stardate 2273.0 in some systems of dating, and includes stardates circa 7412 in others.
- V'Ger destroys the Epsilon IX station and incapacitates Earth's defense network before merging with Willard Decker and Ilia and ascending into a higher plane of existence. 
- General Chang founds the Klingon Defense Forces Elite Command Academy on Qo'noS. 
- Betazed is admitted into the United Federation of Planets. 
- The Helvans are gripped by madness. 
- stardate 2286.0
- The Klingon Empire's F5GB-subclass commando frigate, a variant of the QuD-class bird-of-prey, enters service. In particular, the F5GB was a refit of the F5G-subclass with uprated deflector shields. All F5G frigate vessels would eventually be modified in this manner.
Promotions and transfersEdit
- Admiral James T. Kirk re-assumes command of the USS Enterprise. Despite his rank of rear admiral, Kirk began wearing a uniform with captain's braid. For the duration of his command, he was referred to as both "admiral" and "captain" in everyday address.
- Shortly before receiving his first operational command, Captain Willard Decker is temporarily demoted to commander, and made ship's science officer and first officer. Admiral Kirk required him to begin wearing a uniform with commander's braid for the duration of his command, and referred to him as "commander" in everyday address.
- Admiral Kirk was very specific about demoting Captain Decker to commander and giving himself a nominal demotion to captain in order to facilitate his takeover of command. However, in TOS movie, novelization & comic adaptation: The Voyage Home, no such move is made to demote Captain Spock, who is coincidentally made Kirk's first officer and science officer.
Births and deathsEdit
- Commander Sonak and Admiral Lori Ciana die in a transporter accident. 
- Marla McGivers dies on Ceti Alpha V. 
- Tasari dies on Yonada. 
- In the mirror universe, Harry Mudd succeeds John Gill as ruler of the Terran Empire. 
References and notesEdit
- ↑ TOS movie: Star Trek.
- ↑ TOS movie, novelization & comic adaptation: The Motion Picture.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 TOS movie: The Motion Picture
- ↑ ST reference: Star Charts
- ↑ TOS novel: The Prometheus Design
- ↑ ST video game: Starfleet Command
- ↑ Ex Machina