|| 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289
|Decades:||2250s 2260s 2270s 2280s 2290s 2300s 2310s|
|Centuries:||22nd century - 23rd century - 24th century|
- The "Cetacean Probe" approaches Earth, disabling power systems anywhere in its vicinity and causing increasingly violent and destructive weather patterns on the surface. Shortly before the weather patterns reach catastrophic intensities, fugitive James T. Kirk and company time-travel to the 20th century and successfully retrieve two beings capable of communicating with the Probe, humpback whales George and Gracie. The whales' caretaker during their 20th century captivity, marine biologist Dr. Gillian Taylor, comes forward in time with them. Upon gaining a response from George and Gracie, the Probe ceases its destructive attempts at communication and departs for destinations unknown. 
- Klingon High Chancellor Kesh is removed from power in a coup d'etat. 
- The USS Cluster loses its senior staff in an ambush by Romulans. After a confrontation with a Romulan vessel, the damaged Cluster and its surviving crew returns to starbase. 
- stardate 2286.0
- The Klingon Empire's F5K-subclass, a variant of the QuD-class bird-of-prey, enters service. In particular, the F5K was a refit of the F5B-subclass frigate with uprated phasers. All F5B vessels would eventually be modified in this manner.
Promotions and transfersEdit
- Lieutenant Janice Rand assigned to Starfleet Headquarters on Earth. 
- James T. Kirk is reduced in rank from Admiral to Captain, and given command of the USS Enterprise-A. 
- Pavel Chekov transfers to the Enterprise-A as chief of security. 
Births and DeathsEdit
References and NotesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 TOS movie: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- ↑ TOS novel: In the Name of Honor
- ↑ TOS comic: "Idol Threats"
- ↑ ST video game: Starfleet Command
- ↑ TOS short story: "The Hero of My Own Life"