|A Hard Rain|
|Series:||Star Trek: The Next Generation|
|Author(s):||Dean Wesley Smith|
|Published:||paperback - March 2002|
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard has long enjoyed playing the part of Dixon Hill, a hard-boiled private eye straight out of American pulp fiction. His holographic excursions into 1940s San Francisco, a colorful world of gunplay and gangsters, provide a welcome diversion from his hefty responsibilities as a Starfleet captain.
- But not this time.
- The starship USS Enterprise has lost power and control, its own momentum carrying it ever deeper into a dangerous zone of warped space and time. And the only way out is hidden somewhere in the mean streets and back alleys of old 'Frisco. But so is a cold-blooded murderer…
- Now Dixon Hill, alias Jean-Luc Picard, must get to the bottom of a tangled mystery that threatens the lives of everyone aboard the Enterprise!
|This article is a stub relating to an author, illustrator or other publishing production information. You can help our database by expanding on it.|
- Harvey Upstairs Benton • Beverly Crusher • Data • Evans • Jean-Luc Picard • Spot • Whelan • USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-E) personnel
- Referenced only
- Dixon Hill
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
- 20th century • 24th century • android • auriferite • automobile • captain • Cinerama • commander • commanding officer • chief medical officer • clothing • death • doctor • energy • Federation Starfleet ranks • government • gun • history • holodeck • hologram • holographic program • humanoid • lieutenant commander • lifeform • matter • movie • nation-state • operations manager • planet • private detective • races and cultures • rank • second officer • space • star • star system • starship • technology • time • title • water • weapon • year
- The Dixon Hill stories are published, taking place contemporary to this modern era.
- The Enterprise-E is imperiled.