|This article is a stub relating to a comic book series, collection, issue, author, illustrator or other publishing production information. You can help our database by expanding on it.|
- Captain's log, stardate 50812.8
- Last week, the Enterprise began receiving weak subspace signals from a planet that the Federation has had no contact with for almost a century. Starfleet has unprecedentedly suspended the Iotian cultural quarantine of 2268, authorizing me to investigate.
Prior to the quarantine, Sigma Iotia II had been visited by only two Federation vessels in as many centuries. Two hundred years ago, shortly before being lost with all hands, the U.S.S. Horizon made first contact with the Iotians. The second starship came a century later.
Her name was Enterprise, and her commander was James T. Kirk.
The Horizon contacted the Iotians before the Prime Directive had become the Federation's guiding principle. According to Kirk -- whose report was instrumental in the Federation Council's decision to place under a strict cultural interdict -- that first encounter had a profoundly disrputive effect on the Iotians' cultural development.
The Horizon's capatain characterized the Iotians as "bright, imitative people." To that description, Kirk added "unpredictable."
How right he was.
During Kirk's time, the Iotians had barely mastered the internal combustion automobile. Who could have known that within a century they would develop subspace radio...
- Beverly Crusher • Data • Geordi La Forge • Jean-Luc Picard • William Riker • Sonny • Tepo • Deanna Troi • Worf
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
Related stories Edit
- TOS episode: "A Piece of the Action": Picard and Sonny recalls the events occurring in 2268 with Capt. James T. Kirk's USS Enterprise.
- TNG episode: "The Big Goodbye": Data is referred to as being South American.
|Star Trek Unlimited comics|
|#1 ("Directives" & "Dying of the Light") • #2 ("Action of the Tiger" & "The Unkindest Cut") • #3 ("Message in a Bottle" & "Sins of the Fathers") • #4 ("None But the Brave" & "Inheritance") • #5 ("Secret Lives" & "As Flies to Wanton Boys ") • "Heart of Darkness" • "An Infinite Jest" • #8 ("The Boy", "The Warrior" & "The Veteran") • "Trekkers" • "A Piece of Reaction"|