"After Darkness, Part 1" was the twenty-first issue of IDW Publishing's ongoing series of Star Trek comics, published May 2013. Colors and lettering by Stellar Labs and Chris Mowry, respectively. This comic was edited by Scott Dunbier, with Roberto Orci credited as creative consultant.
- After the events of STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS, the USS Enterprise embarks on a new five-year mission of exploration. But far from Earth, across the cosmos, new threats to the security of the Federation begin to rise...
On Qo'nos, the Klingon Empire have found out Captain Kirk's identity from a spy. The Klingons are now considering war strategies. Meanwhile, Robert April and Captain Kirk engage in a conversation about what Robert April and Admiral Marcus. Marcus had placed the fail-safe into Kirk's computer to allow April to take control. The incident on Phaedus was merely a distraction while Admiral Marcus attacked Qo'nos. April is shown to hate the Klingons. Kirk walks out.
One week later, the Enterprise's five-year mission has begun. Kirk has a problem. Spock has gone crazy. At sickbay, Spock explains that he is going through pon farr. Spock must mate. They arrive at New Vulcan on time. Because the transporter is offline for maintenance, Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Uhura, and Carol Marcus take a shuttle. Dr. Marcus is looking to discuss the Helios Device. On New Vulcan, the crew meet with Sarek, Spock's father, explaining that Spock has pon farr. They meet T'Pring who was betrothed Spock many years ago.
On Romulus, the Romulan senator from Vulcan's Vengeance, Part 2 is suspicious of Captain Kirk's number one nemesis, Section 31. Section 31 has made a proposition to attack the Klingon Empire.
- Robert April • Pavel Chekov • Kai • James T. Kirk • Carol Marcus • Leonard McCoy • Romulan senator • Sarek • Montgomery Scott • Section 31 operative • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • T'Pring • Nyota Uhura
- Referenced only
- John Harrison • Alexander Marcus • Mudd
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- Central America • Earth • First City • Ki Baratan • New Vulcan • North America • Phaedus • Qo'nos • Romulus
- Referenced only
- Gorn galaxy • Vulcan
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
- Federation Starfleet • Klingon Empire • Romulan Senate • Romulan Star Empire • Section 31 • Starfleet Security
Technology and weaponsEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- adrenaline • appetizer • artery • bridge • captain's log • colony • conn • day • deathbed • fever • genocide • homeworld • interstellar • light year • minute • plak tow • planet • pon farr • prison • quarters • shuttle bay • sickbay • Sleeping Beauty • war • week • year
- The only title information given is on the cover, with the phrase After Darkness. The Part 1 is taken from solicitation information.
- TOS comic: "Vulcan's Vengeance" - The events of Vulcan's Vengeance are mentioned by the Romulan senator.
- TOS comic: "Countdown to Darkness" - Robert April appears at the beginning of the story.
- TOS video game: Star Trek - The Gorn are mentioned in passing.
- TOS movie: Star Trek Into Darkness - Khan Noonien Singh is mentioned by Robert April.
- TOS episode: "Amok Time" - Kirk's storyline is an adaptation of the episode.
IDW Star Trek, Issue 20
|The Original Series (IDW series)||next comic:|
After Darkness, Part 2