In the year 2365, the Federation starship USS Enterprise-D performed sensor scans of planet Theta 116 VIII and found weather activity in the atmosphere described as ammonia tornadoes. (TNG episode: "The Royale")
The atmosphere of Marijne VII leaked into the hull of the damaged USS Raman in 2370. Upon finding the Raman trapped in the atmosphere, the Enterprise-D used an interface probe controlled by Geordi La Forge to detect ammonia and methane in a ship's corridor. (TNG episode: "Interface")
- TNG episode: "The Royale"
- TNG episode: "Interface"
- TOS comic: "Invasion of the City Builders"
- TOS novel: The Klingon Gambit
- TOS - Fortunes of War novel: Dreadnought!
- TOS novel: Crossroad
- TOS novel: Savage Trade
- TNG novel: Genesis Force
- TNG - Cold Equations novel: The Persistence of Memory
- DS9 novel: Trial by Error
- TTN novel: Sight Unseen
- VAN novel: Precipice
- ST reference: The Starfleet Survival Guide
- Decipher RPG module: Worlds
- Decipher RPG module: Aliens
- FASA RPG - The Orions module: Book of Common Knowledge
- TOS video game: 25th Anniversary