History and specificationsEdit
The Armitage-class of ships entered service in the year 2409. The vessels crewed 200 officers and featured a hangar bay fitted with a wing of Peregrine-class attack fighters and a point defense system. This class was based on the Akira-class heavy escort and inspired by the Thunderchild-class heavy escort refit. Having a modular spaceframe, its sections (saucer, hull, pylons and nacelles) could be exchanged by their counterparts from the other Akira-based (sub-) classes: Akira-class, Oslo-class, Thunderchild-class and the Zephyr-class. 
|This article or subsection has an associated category.||Armitage class starships|
- USS Akagi-A (NCC-62158-A) (STO mission: "Devil's Choice")
- USS Armitage (NCC-92231/NCC-97300) - prototype
- ISS Armitage (NCC-97300)
- unlabelled Armitage-class starship moored in Earth Spacedock (STO mission: "Welcome to Earth Spacedock")
- USS Cheron (STO mission: "Fluidic Destruction")
|This section is written
from the Real World
point of view.
Appearance and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Season 6 Dev Blog #5
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 STO video game: Star Trek Online's Foundry.
- ↑ STO mission: "Defend the Beta Ursae Sector Block"
- STO Season 6 Dev Blog #5 Heavy Escort Carrier: Armitage Class at the official Star Trek Online website.
- Heavy_Escort_Carrier article at The Star Trek Online Wiki.