- For other uses, see Battle Lines.
"Battle Lines" was the 13th episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, in the show's first season, first aired during the week of 25 April 1993. The episode was written by Richard Danus and Evan Carlos Somers after Hilary J. Bader and directed by Paul Lynch.
A runabout carrying Benjamin Sisko, Kira Nerys, Julian Bashir, and Kai Opaka crashes on a planet in the Gamma Quadrant, where they meet a group of aliens who cannot die and have been fighting a war for centuries.
- Altman • Julian Bashir • Graham Davis • Jadzia Dax • Jones (Lieutenant) • Kallis Ven • Kira Nerys • Morn • Nima • Miles O'Brien • Odo • Opaka Sulan • Golin Shel-la • Benjamin Sisko • Zlangco
Races and culturesEdit
States and OrganizationsEdit
- Referenced only
- Bajoran Resistance
- antimatter pod • Bajoran language • Bajoran prophecy • Bajoran religion • delta radiation • Ennis satellite network • meson • nanite • nanotechnology • Prime Directive • USS Saratoga model • Vayan horn fly • warp eddy
- The impact that Opaka had on the Ennis and the Nol-Ennis is revealed in the Rising Son. The arc of the episode continues in other DS9 relaunch stories, such as in the DS9 novel: The Dominion: Olympus Descending. The events of this episode are mentioned in Lesser Evil.
- Opaka's loss in this episode would be mentioned in many of the numbered DS9 novels, including the DS9 novel: Devil in the Sky.
Notable cast and crewEdit
- Avery Brooks as Benjamin Sisko
- Nana Visitor as Kira Nerys
- Rene Auberjonois as Odo
- Terry Farrell as Jadzia Dax
- Alexander Siddig as Julian Bashir
- Majel Barrett as the Starfleet computer voice
|DS9 episode produced||Next episode:|
|DS9 episode aired||Next episode:|
Frame of Mind