Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- See Franklin for other articles with titles that contain, either by relationship or by coincidence, this character's surname.
- For other uses, see Benjamin.
While trapped in the 31st century with Temporal Cold War agent Daniels, Jonathan Archer compared his efforts to understand Daniels' technology to Franklin trying to understand a 22nd century medical scanner. (ENT novelization: Shockwave)
In 2163, Lieutenant Samuel Abraham Kirk told Valeria Williams that the "hang together or hang separately" quote was incorrectly attributed to Franklin but that it was probably said by another of the Founding Fathers. (ENT - Rise of the Federation novel: A Choice of Futures)
A popular (and perhaps apocryphal) story claims Franklin flew a kite in a lightning storm in order to prove lightning was electricity. Captain Jean-Luc Picard was reminded of this tale while watching the energy discharges within the Rashanar Battle Site. (TNG novel: A Time to Be Born)
Remembered as a patriot and statesman of the United States of America nation, Franklin was honored with many vehicles and places named after him, including starships and shuttlecraft of the United Earth and the Federation, including a number of Starfleet vessels named Franklin.
- USS Franklin (NCC-246, Strider-class) (ST video game: Legacy)
- USS Benjamin Franklin (NCC-013, Daedalus-class) (TNG novel: The Haunted Starship)
- USS Benjamin Franklin (Clarke-class) (TOS - Tests of Courage comic: "Battle Stations!")
- USS Franklin (NCC-1743, Enterprise-class) (FASA RPG module: Federation Ship Recognition Manual)
- USS Franklin (Defiant-class) (ST video game: Starfleet Command III)
- shuttlecraft Franklin (SCE eBook: Fatal Error, SCE - Wildfire eBook: Book 1)
Franklin was studied by the 23rd century historian Alexander Lazarus, who created an android, with the psi-clone, and imbued it with Franklin's personality and history. This android, like other androids of Lazarus, created a city on Gamma Alpha V. He was likely destroyed in the explosion of Gamma Alpha V on Stardate 10:26.3. (TOS comic: "The Legacy of Lazarus")
- Lazarus claimed that the psi-clone mechanism could accurately reproduce dead individuals by reaching back in time and sampling their actual consciousness. In this sense, the brief life of the Franklin replicant could be considered a continuation of the individual's life, and not a separate person. However, all possibilities of proving or disproving that assertion probably died with Dr. Lazarus and the destruction of his technology.