In an isolated Star Fleet research lab, something has broken loose. Something that hungers… – Bloodthirst was the 37th book of Pocket Books's numbered series of Star Trek novels, written by J.M. Dillard. The novel uses elements of classic horror stories in creating a tale of a vampire-like sickness in the Star Trek universe.
- A class one medical emergency summons the Enterprise to the Federation Outpost Tanis. There, a grisly surprise awaits them. Two of the lab's three researchers are dead, their bodies almost entirely drained of blood. There are no clues. No records of their research. No remnants of their work.
- There is only the outpost's sole survivor, Doctor Jeffrey Adams. A man with a secret that will rock the very foundations of Starfleet… and a terrible, all-consuming hunger that will bring death to the crew of the Starship Enterprise.
- Jeffrey Adams • James T. Kirk • Lamia • Leonard McCoy • Rodrigo Mendez • Lisa Nguyen • Spock • Jonathon Stanger • Ingrit Tomson • USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) personnel • Quince Waverleigh
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- USS Arlington • Brass Ring (transport) • USS Enterprise (Constitution-class heavy cruiser) • Romulan bird-of-prey (bird-of-prey)
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Technology and weaponsEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- admiral • captain • commander • doctor • ensign • lieutenant • officer • rear admiral • scientist • senior staff
Food and drinkEdit
- blood • class 1 medical emergency • court-martial • distress call • Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (2266-2270) • galaxy • government • Halloween • humanoid • laboratory • landing party • lifeform • nation-state • October • outpost • planet • races and cultures • rank • science • star • star system • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2265-2270) • technology • time • title • uniform • universe • vampire • virus • weapon • year
Worlds Apart, Book 2: How Much for Just the Planet?
|TOS numbered novels||Next novel:|
The IDIC Epidemic
Chain of Attack
The Final Nexus