Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A book is collection of words and/or images printed on sheets of paper bound together along one edge with covers on the front and back. Books can contain any kind of information, literature, both fact and fiction and pictorial in the form of diagrams, artwork or comic strips. More recently some books have done away with paper all together and been published electronically.
Ancient Bajorans treated their printed works in way that made them extremely long lasting; as a result, in the 24th century Bajoran books thousands of years old could be found in better condition than stone tablets just hundreds of years old. (DS9 novel: Avatar, Book One)
With the growth of PADDs and more integrated computer systems, books in the traditional form were uncommon in the days of the Federation. Fact and fiction prose publications did still occur commonly in electronic forms though, and it was not unheard of for individuals to keep a more traditionally created version of a particular prized work; for instance, Captain Jean-Luc Picard kept a copy of the complete works of William Shakespeare. (TNG episode: "Hide and Q")
In the 24th century the Tigans had not officially had a written history for centuries, instead keeping all data on the Tigan central computer. It was later discovered that a large library of books had been hidden from public knowledge so that politicians might alter data in the central computer with no physical reference for the Tigans to be any the wiser. (TNG comic: "History Lesson")
- See also: Category:Literature for a list of in-universe books.
Types of booksEdit
- Novel - a fictional story
- Comic - a fictional story told in a pictorial format
- Anthology a collection of stories
- Omnibus - a collection of stories reprinted in one volume
- Novelization - an adaptation of a fictional story based on an episode or movie
- Reference Book - a collection of factual information
Types of bindingsEdit
- Steve Roby's The Complete Starfleet Library
- Psi Phi Book Database
- The Star Trek Novel Rankings
- Simon & Shuster's Star Trek Books Website
- Star Trek LCARS Book & Episode Database