- "You're throwing away your entire life."
"And starting a new one."
- —Benjamin Sisko & Cal Hudson, 2370[src]
Hudson was a close friend of Benjamin Sisko while at Starfleet Academy, and both also served together on Pelios Station. They also competed against each other for the attentions of Sabbath Nile, though she was more drawn to Curzon Dax. (DS9 - The Lives of Dax short story: "The Music Between the Notes")
Starfleet career and the MaquisEdit
In 2370, Hudson was assigned as Starfleet's attaché to the Federation colonies in the Demilitarized Zone. However, Hudson found the Federation government to be unresponsive to the concerns of the colonists. Disillusioned, Hudson left Starfleet and joined with the Maquis. He used his position to gain items for the Maquis cause. (DS9 episodes: "The Maquis, Part I", "The Maquis, Part II", TNG - Slings and Arrows eBook: A Weary Life, ST website: Startrek.com)
In 2372 Hudson led a squadron of Maquis raiders in an attack on a Cardassian convoy in the Bavar system, destroying six ships and killing over 2,500 Cardassian soldiers. (STO mission: "Patrol the Bavar System")
In 2373, after a team from Deep Space 9 that included Jake Sisko was captured by the Maquis, Hudson contacted Sisko to explain that the Maquis responsible were an extreme faction of the movement. (DS9 comics: "Public Enemies, Private Lives", "Public Enemies, Private Lives, Conclusion")
- DS9 - The Lives of Dax short story: "The Music Between the Notes"
- DS9 episode: "The Maquis, Part I"
- DS9 episode: "The Maquis, Part II"
- VOY - The Brave and the Bold novella: The Third Artifact
- DS9 comic: "Public Enemies, Private Lives"
- DS9 comic: "Public Enemies, Private Lives, Conclusion"