Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- For other uses, see Canis.
Canis Major is a constellation visible from Earth, named for its characterization as a great dog, compared to the more diminutive Canis Minor constellation. Objects of Canis Major are referred to by the genitive Canis Majoris, but the name had also been frequently shortened to Canaris by the 23rd century.
- The correlation between "Canis Majoris" and "Canaris" was first originated by FASA RPG materials that said that Epsilon Canaris and Adhara (Epsilon Canis Majoris) were one and the same.
The Federation starships named USS Canis Major are called as such for this region, the formations contained within, and its mythological history. In addition, the starships USS Wezen, USS Murzim, USS Sirius, USS Adhara are all named for locales in this region.
- Alpha Canis Majoris (Sirius, Alpha Canaris)
- Delta Canis Majoris (Wezen, Delta Canaris)
- Epsilon Canis Majoris (Adhara, Epsilon Canaris)
- Gamma Canis Majoris (Muliphen, Gamma Canaris)
- Pi Canis Majoris (Korvat, Pi Canaris)
- See also: Canes Venatici constellation