Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Captain's Personal Log, supplemental.
- It's been six days since we left Delta Vega, but I still feel hollowed out with grief. I see my friend Gary all too frequently in my dreams, reaching out to me, begging me to spare his life - or taking mine in some ghastly turnaround of circumstances. I try to tell myself that these nightmares won't go on forever - that, at some point, I'll be able to put the events of Gary's death behind me. After all, I've dealt with tragedy before.
- Captain's Personal Log.
- I told Kring "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." I didn't tell him the rest of that lesson: "If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.
We are so certain that we know the Klingons, and they are equally certain that they know us, but we haven't made much of an effort to challenge our mutual conviction.
Just as I don't represent all men, Kring can't represent all Klingons, yet the symbolism of working together to build a bridge is not lost on me.
I hope it was not lost on him.
- Captain's personal log, stardate 2213.5.
- It appears that, whether through Organian or some other influence, such as Klingon Imperial policy, this particular area of the frontier corridor is at peace. The Enterprise is on a heading away from sector 3-39 and on course for Starbase 12, where her crew will be able to clear some of their accumulated shore leave and enjoy the period of R&R to which they are entitled. This may involve pulling rank, but in this instance I regard such an act as being in a good cause. This last mission has turned out to be both nerve-wracking and boring. However, there are more relaxing places to be bored than the Klingon Neutral Zone. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell how actively the Organians will enforce their treaty without an actual outbreak of hostilities. No comment needed about that.
|Logs of the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701)|
|Captain's logs||2246 • 2254 • 2264 • 2265 • 2266 • 2267 • 2268 • 2269 • 2270 • 2273 • 2275 • 2276 • 2285|
|Personal logs||Captain's personal log • James T. Kirk • Spock • Admiral's personal log • Philip Boyce|
|Other logs||First officer's log • Medical log • Ship's log • Admiral's log|