In 2371, the league consisted of six teams, including the Pike City Pioneers and the Cestus Comets. (DS9 episode: "Family Business") By 2380, the league had expanded to ten teams. (ST novel: A Singular Destiny)
- The novel Articles of the Federation established the existence of additional teams; the exact number was given in A Singular Destiny.
Federation President Nanietta Bacco was a huge fan of the league and the Pike City Pioneers in particular. As Governor of Cestus, Bacco made a tradition of throwing out the first pitch on opening day, a tradition she continued at least through her first term in office as President. (ST novel: Articles of the Federation)
- Though the existence of a league was established in the DS9 episode, its name was established in Articles.
- Cestus Comets
- Johnson City (team name unestablished)
- Lakeside (team name unestablished)
- New Chicago Cubs (Northern Division)
- Palombo Sehlats
- Pike City Pioneers (Northern Division)
- Port Shangri-La Seagulls (Northern Division)
- Prairieview Green Sox
- Salavar Stars (Northern Division)
- team name and city unestablished
- Articles identifies four teams as being in the CBL's Northern Division, as indicated above. There is presumably also a Southern Division, with five teams in each. Further specifics have not yet been established.