Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chickens have been brought out into the galaxy by Human colonists living on other planets. One such extra-Solar settlement was the Bringloidi colony on Bringloid V in the Bringloid system. (TNG episode: "Up the Long Ladder")
Scotty once jokingly claimed to have sacrificed a chicken and two goats to a computer in order to convince the technology to function again, in reference to an ancient practice of those who believed Lucien's magic. (TAS - Log Three novelization: The Magicks of Megas-Tu)
The USS Stargazer's security chief, Peter "Pug" Joseph, felt that Binderian anatomy looked like that of a plucked, beakless chicken. He suggested that Binderian Ensign Obal would be happier in a different department, but Obal was resolute in his resolve to be a security officer. Obal was also subjected to cruel remarks about his chicken-like anatomy from Ensign Joseph Caber. (STA novel: Gauntlet)
In 2380, Q referred to the USS Enterprise-E as a "de-boned chicken of a starship", a derogatory reference to the vessel's hull damage that had required a major refit after collision with Scimitar, the previous year. (TNG novel: Q & A)
An ancient Human joke is one which an exotic or unfamiliar type of food is said to taste "just like chicken." David Rabin and Spock invoked this joke repeatedly while stranded in Vulcan's Forge on Vulcan, referring to hayalit, Starfleet-issue ration bars, and plomeek soup. (TOS novel: Vulcan's Forge)
William Riker theorized that the chickens cultivated by the Bandi had an alternative diet than their Earth cousins, the eggs available in his Farpoint Station breakfast were distinctly green, and didn't appear appetizing. (TNG novelization: Encounter at Farpoint)
- Riker seemed to have reason to believe that the Bandi's chickens were of the Earth variety, raised on the Bandi world. Although he didn't realize it at the time, the green eggs were probably created by the station itself.
- asparagus chicken
- almond chicken
- barbecued chicken
- cashew chicken
- chicken cacciatore
- chicken Kiev (TOS novel: The Three-Minute Universe)
- chicken à la King
- chicken paprikash (VOY episode: "Course: Oblivion")
- chicken parmigiana (TNG short story: "Echoes")
- chicken and rice (STA novel: Progenitor)
- chicken salad (TOS novel: Federation; TOS - Constellations short story: "Official Record")
- chicken sandwich
- chicken à la Sisko
- chicken soup (TNG novel: Metamorphosis; TOS - Strange New Worlds VII short story: "Project Blue Book")
- Chicken and sun-dried tomatoes
- Cornish hen
- fried chicken
- Hawaiian chicken
- tandoori chicken
The term "chicken" has behavioral connotations in Human language, indicating cowardice. Scotty figuratively referred to Captain Zarlo as being known to him to be "the most chicken commander in the Fleet!" (TOS comic: "One of Our Captains is Missing!")
In similar connotations, "playing a game of chicken" is a Human term referring to engaging an opponent in a contest that ends when one side backs down, out of fear. Chakotay introduced a plan to Tom Paris of playing chicken with the computer-controlled USS Voyager while flying the Delta Flyer. (VOY - Section 31 novel: Shadow)
- ↑ TNG episode: "Up the Long Ladder" showed numerous chickens that were transported aboard the USS Enterprise-D.
- ↑ Real-life knowledge.