- Definition from The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future...
Science Officer. Aboard Federation Starships, the individual responsible for overseeing scientific investigations and for providing the ship's Captain with scientific information needed for command decisions. The science officer's station on the Bridge of most Federation starships included extensive tie-ins to the various Sensor systems, as well as links to the ship's library computer system.
- Commander Spock, USS Enterprise
- Ensign Borona Fenn USS Enterprise-B
- Lieutenant Nol Kastiigan, USS Stargazer
- Sara Paul, USS Fortuna
- Lieutenant Commander Jadzia Dax, Starbase Deep Space 9
- Ensign Thirishar ch'Thane, Starbase Deep Space Nine
- Lieutenant Soleta, USS Excalibur
- Lieutenant Commander Jaza Najem, USS Titan
- Lieutenant Ralph Furlong, USS Righteous
- Lieutenant Dina Elfiki, USS Enterprise-E
- Lieutenant commander Data (de facto), USS Enterprise-D