Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Characteristics and historyEdit
In 2156, the Enterprise provided cobalt, magnesium, and tungsten to the Tellarite freighter pilots Skalaar and Gaavrin so that they could rebuild their warp coils. (ENT - The Romulan War novel: To Brave the Storm)
When brought into contact with power rods cobalt created a reaction that would generate an explosion after fifteen minutes. In 2266 when the USS Enterprise was held hostage by a race of Robots, Captain James T. Kirk used this knowledge and placed one the Enterprise's power rods (which the Robots had demanded) in a cobalt container. Fifteen minutes later when the rod had been placed in the Robots' power unit it exploded, destroying the unit and in turn disabling the Robots. (TOS comic: "UK comic strips, first story arc")
- ST reference: Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual
- TOS comic: "UK comic strips, first story arc"
- DS9 novel: Devil in the Sky
- ENT - The Romulan War novel: To Brave the Storm
- ST - New Worlds, New Civilizations short story: "225 Years of Service"
- DS9 episodes: "The Maquis", "For the Uniform"
- VOY episode: "Caretaker"
- ENT episodes: "The Xindi", "Borderland"
- [] short story: "Exodus"
- ST novel: Excelsior: Forged in Fire
- ST - Destiny novel: Gods of Night