Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Commanding officer, also known as a C.O. is an officer who has command responsibility for a post - such as an installation, station, or a ship in both the United Earth Starfleet as well as the Federation Starfleet.
For most starship commands, a commanding officer will usually hold the rank of Captain, however this is not always the case. Individuals from the rank of Lieutenant all the way up to Admiral have been known to hold the post of commanding officer.
In 2364 the Bluegill parasites attempted a takeover of Starfleet, which was detected by a number of Starfleet officers. Learning of this possible conspiracy, Captain Jean-Luc Picard had Lt. Commander Data review all Starfleet orders for the past six months. In the course of his review, Data learned that there was among other things an uncustomary shuffling of commanding officers, with these new C.O.'s having frequent contact with the highest levels of Starfleet Command. (TNG episode: "Conspiracy")
- Captain Christopher Pike takes command of the Enterprise
- Captain James T. Kirk takes command of the Enterprise
- Commodore Diego Reyes takes command of Starbase 47, aka Vanguard
- Captain Willard Decker commands the Enterprise during a three-year refit, but never commands her on active duty
- Admiral Kirk assumes command of the Enterprise during the V'Ger incident
- Captain Spock commands the Enterprise as a training vessel
- Admiral Kirk assumes command of the Enterprise to investigate a disturbance at station Regula I
- The Enterprise is destroyed over the Genesis Planet
- The Enterprise-A is decommissioned
- Kirk resigns from Starfleet and buys the Enterprise-A. Soon after, it is destroyed over Chal
- Starfleet Captain John Harriman takes command of the USS Enterprise-B
- Captain Demora Sulu takes command of the Enterprise-B
- Captain Picard is victorious at the Battle of Maxia, but the Stargazer is lost
- Captain Picard takes command of the USS Enterprise-D
- Captain Benjamin Maxwell relinquishes command of the USS Phoenix to his first officer pending a court-martial
- Captain Bateson and the USS Bozeman are released from the temporal causality loop
- Captain Ileen Maisel commands the USS Marignano
- Commander Benjamin Sisko assumes command of station Deep Space 9.
- The USS Defiant is assigned to the command of Commander Benjamin Sisko.
- The Enterprise-D crashes on Veridian III
- The USS Bozeman becomes a museum ship. Captain Bateson assumes command of the construction of the USS Enterprise-E
- Captain Janeway takes command of USS Voyager
- Captain John Lewinski commands the USS Monitor
- Captain Picard takes command of the USS Enterprise-E
- Captain Bateson takes command of the USS Bozeman-A
- Captain Mackenzie Calhoun takes command of the USS Excalibur
- Captain David Gold commands the USS da Vinci
- The USS Excalibur is destroyed by a computer virus
- Captain Elizabeth Shelby takes command of the USS Exeter
- Captain Calhoun takes command of the USS Excalibur-A
- Captain Shelby takes command of the USS Trident
- Captain Chakotay takes command of Voyager