- For other uses, see Daedalus.
October 5, 2140. After a half-dozen years of research and testing, Starfleet prepares to launch its first warp 5 vessel -- Daedalus. Propelled by a radical new engine designed by Earth's most brilliant warp field theorist, Victor Brodesser, the new ship will at last put the stars within mankind's reach.
But on the eve of her maiden voyage, a maintenance engineer, Ensign Charles Tucker III -- "Trip" to his friends -- discovers a flaw in Daedalus 's design. When he confronts Brodesser, the scientist -- as charismatic as he is brilliant -- eases Trip's concerns. The ship launches on schedule, and as Trip watches in horror, it explodes in a catastrophic ion-cascade reaction, killing all aboard.
Thirteen years pass. Still haunted by memories of that disaster, Trip now serves as chief engineer aboard Enterprise. When a freak explosion cripples his vessel, leaving her helpless before a surprise attack, Trip is forced to abandon his ship -- and his shipmates. As he is on the verge of mounting a desperate rescue attempt, however, a shocking turn of events forces him to confront the ghosts of Daedalus one final time.
- Jonathan Archer • Travis Mayweather • Phlox • Malcolm Reed • Hoshi Sato • T'Pol • Charles "Trip" Tucker III
- Victor Brodesser • J. G. Cooney • D'Lay • Monique Duvall • Ella'jaren • Fane • Ferik Reeve • Kairn • Lind Usdan • N'Rol • Ornell • Royce • K.P. Ryan • Sadir Lyatt • Stannis • Trant Neesa • Vonn • Westerberg
- Referenced only
- Acker • Alicia • Brigida • Zephram Cochrane • Cox • Daniels • Dirsch • Elson • Jerrod • Makandros • Olivia • Sanderson • Dower Sang • Steve Yermish
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- Daedalus • Eclipse • Enterprise (NX-01) (NX-class) • Irgun • Lessander • Night • Shadow • Shuttlepod 1 • Strand • T'Pol (Suliban cell ship)
- Cole 128 system • Denari • Kota system • K'Pellis Cluster • Kresh • Vox Prime • Vox 4
- Referenced only
- Burkhelt • New Irla • Risa
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
- cascading ion drive • chess • cloaking device • Daedalus Project • deuterium • diagnostic spanner • dicodnine • epinephrine • fossum • gravitic mine • intermix chamber • ion • K'uda luminosity spectrum • mining ship • oxygen • pisarko • Porthos • scurvy • seela • sereus manta • The Song of El Cid • stereoisomer • tritium • X-ray
Takes place just prior to Captain Archer's capture by Skalaar on March 21, 2153.
|This article is a stub relating to an author, illustrator or other publishing production information. You can help our database by expanding on it.|
|Star Trek: Enterprise prose publications|
|Novelizations||Broken Bow • Shockwave • The Expanse|
|Original novels||set during the series||By the Book • What Price Honor? • Surak's Soul • Daedalus • Daedalus's Children • Last Full Measure • Rosetta|
|set after the series||The Good That Men Do • Kobayashi Maru • The Romulan War (Beneath the Raptor's Wing • To Brave the Storm) • Rise of the Federation (A Choice of Futures • Tower of Babel • Uncertain Logic • Live by the Code • Patterns of Interference )|
|Enterprise novels||Next novel:|
|The above chronology placements are based on the primary placement in 2153.|
The Pocket Books Timeline places events from this story in one other timeframe:
|2139 and 2140||Next Adventure:|
Egg Drop Soup