|Series:||Star Trek: The Next Generation, No. 12|
|Author(s):||Carmen Carter, Peter David, Michael Jan Friedman, and Robert Greenberger|
|Published:||Paperback - July 1, 1990|
- The Enterprise crew races to stop the galaxy's ultimate weapon!
- From the back cover
- The planet Kirlos -- an artificial world built by a mysterious long-dead race called the Ariantu. Kirlos is now home to many races from both the Federation and the K'vin Hegemony, who have enjoyed years of peaceful co-existence and profitable trade. The planet also hold a wealth of undiscovered archaeological treasures, which the EnterpriseTM and its crew are dispatched to help uncover.
- Sent to the surface to assist an archaeological team, Geordi, Data, and Worf soon find themselves cut off from the Enterprise -- and the prime suspects in a series of terrorist attacks. The three Enterprise crewmen are imprisoned, relations between the K'vin and the Federation begin to crumble, and Kirlos' ancient underground machinery awakens from a centuries long dormancy, primed to release the most powerful destructive force ever known.
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
- Nassa Coleridge • Beverly Crusher • Wesley Crusher • Data • Stephaleh n'Ehriarch • Gezor • Gregach • Geordi La Forge • Miles O'Brien • Jean-Luc Picard • William T. Riker • Thul • Deanna Troi • Worf • Zamorh
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- Planetary locations:
- Shipboard locations:
- main bridge (command chair, conn station, ops station) • ready room • sickbay • transporter room
Races and culturesEdit
- Andorian • Human • Klingon • K'Vin • Sullurh
- Referenced only
- Ariantu • Ditelan • Ferengi • Rhadamanthan
States and organizationsEdit
Science and technoloyEdit
- android • archaeology • arizite • diagnostic table • hypospray • marble • refreshment dispenser • refrigeration unit • transporter • VISOR
Ranks and titlesEdit
- admiral • ambassador • captain • chief • commander • first officer • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • professor • security chief
- beer • coffee • dyson • embassy • Federation language • fish • inlati • iridium • landing party • medical file • Prime Directive • Romulan ale • synthehol
- The K'Vin Hegemony join the United Federation of Planets. Their continual interference in the affairs of other planets, including those governed by the Prime Directive, eventually led the K'Vin to sever official ties as they didn't see eye-to-eye with other Federation members.
- The K'Vin establish a presence on the planet Kirlos, a planet already inhabited by Federation citizens.
- Stephaleh n'Ehrliach, an Andorian ambassador, is assigned to the Federation embassy on Kirlos.
- Ambassadors Stephaleh and Gregach reach an agreement to open up Kirlos to widespread archaeological exploration.
|TNG numbered novels||Next novel:|
The Eyes of the Beholders
"Who Watches the Watchers?"
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next Adventure:|
"Who Watches the Watchers?"