|This article is a stub relating to a comic book series, collection, issue, author, illustrator or other publishing production information. You can help our database by expanding on it.|
An unethical archeologist has been excavating relics on a planet that the lizard-like Gorn consider to be a sacred burial ground. When the Gorn attack, the archaeologist sets off a distress beacon, and the USS Enterprise responds. On arrival, James T. Kirk restores the peace by diplomatically surrendering to his old Gorn adversary.
Log entries Edit
- Captain's log, stardate 5970.3.
- The Enterprise's routine mapping survey of the Lotora star group has been interrupted by a distress call from a Federation vessel...
... Which has brought to us to the uncharted planet Lotara III... And into the hands of an implacable foe... The Gorn!
- Captain's log, supplemental
- My experience of the Gorn has shown them to be fiercly protectionist and territorial.
Not to mention: deadly adversaries.
Baynan-- and by extension the Enterprise-- has commited the worst kind of transgression in their eyes.
But they are creatures of honor. And that's all I've got to count on...
- Mission record of Commander S'alath of the Gorn Hegemony.
- The mammals comply and sned their shuttle to Cenotaph, bearing the grave goods.
I have defeated human Kirk. but it seems an easy victory. Is this a ruse, or is it less than his reputation would have us believ.
He was ever resourceful. When the Metrons capitalized on the tragic misunderstanding between Gorn and Human, we were set at each other's throats. I had hewn a blade from crystal, but he had used natural components to build a projectile weapon.
He could have slain me then. The fate of his crew rested upon his victory. But he stayed his hand.
What does he plan now?
- Holm Baynan • James T. Kirk • Leonard McCoy • S'alath • Spock • Nyota Uhura • unnamed Gorn • unnamed USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) personnel
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- Class F shuttlecraft (Federation shuttlecraft) • USS Enterprise (Constitution-class heavy cruiser) • Gorn warship (warship)
Races and culturesEdit
Technology and weaponsEdit
- deflector shield • distress beacon • phaser • phaser bank • phaser emitter • phaser pistol • pistol • Sestra phaser II • starship • type-2 phaser
States and organizationsEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- archaeologist • captain • chief medical officer • commander • commanding officer • communications officer • doctor • Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (2260s) • first officer • Gorn ranks • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • science officer
- archaeology • clothing • death • diplomacy • galaxy • humanoid • lifeform • lizard • nation • planet • quadrant • races and cultures • rank • space • star • star system • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2265-2270) • state • technology • title • uniform • universe • Valkyrie • weapon
- A continuity error can be found on page 26 of the issue, where a Type-4 shuttlecraft (as seen in the film Star Trek V: The Final Frontier) is depicted on the Gorn captain's viewscreen, as opposed to the Class F shuttlecraft seen in the 1960s TV series episodes.
|Star Trek Unlimited comics|
|#1 ("Directives" & "Dying of the Light") • #2 ("Action of the Tiger" & "The Unkindest Cut") • #3 ("Message in a Bottle" & "Sins of the Fathers") • #4 ("None But the Brave" & "Inheritance") • #5 ("Secret Lives" & "As Flies to Wanton Boys ") • "Heart of Darkness" • "An Infinite Jest" • #8 ("The Boy", "The Warrior" & "The Veteran") • "Trekkers" • "A Piece of Reaction"|