- For other uses, see Elizabeth.
- See Palmer for other articles with titles that contain, either by relationship or by coincidence, this character's surname.
- For the mirror universe counterpart, see Elizabeth Palmer (mirror).
Elizabeth Palmer (2267)
|Occupation:||relief communications officer|
|Assignment:||USS Enterprise (2260s-2270s)|
Lieutenant Elizabeth Palmer was a Human woman who was an officer in Starfleet, a relief communications officer serving aboard the USS Enterprise under the command of Captain James T. Kirk in the 2260s and 2270s. (TOS episodes: "The Doomsday Machine", "The Way to Eden"; TOS short story: "Under Twin Moons")
In 2267, Palmer was serving as communications officer during the Enterprise's second visit to Mestiko. (TOS - Mere Anarchy eBook: The Centre Cannot Hold) She was also on duty several weeks later, when the Enterprise detected a garbled distress call from the USS Constellation. During the following battle between the Enterprise and the "planet killer", she made constant damage and casualty reports to Commander Spock. (TOS episode: "The Doomsday Machine")
In 2269, Palmer relieved Lieutenant Nyota Uhura when Spock ordered her to report to Deep Space Station M-33 and assist the station's staff in communicating with some Tholian prisoners. (TOS short story: "Fracture")
Palmer continued to serve aboard the Enterprise in the late 2270s. In 2277, Palmer manned the communications station while Lieutenant Commander Uhura was enjoying shore leave on the planet Macedon III. (TOS short story: "Under Twin Moons")
- Palmer's forename was never given in the two Star Trek: The Original Series episodes in which she appeared. Her name was finally given in the short story, "Under Twin Moons", by William Rotsler. In the TOS episodes she was played by Elizabeth Rogers
- The Decipher RPG module: Starfleet Operations Manual includes an image of Palmer on a section detailing notable Centaurans. However, there is no mention of her in the text, although her surname is included in a list of common Centauran surnames, suggesting that she was a native of Alpha Centauri.
|USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) communications personnel|
|Under Robert April||Hall • Sanawey • Van Fleet||Under Christopher Pike||Dabisch • Garrison • Nano • Vincent • Zacharia|| |
|Under James T. Kirk & Spock||Alden • Aronson • Ashcraft • Azuela • Bryant • Czyzack • DeLeon • Dezago • Dominico • Farrell • Goldstein • Granger • Josephs • Krelidze • Laysa • Leaming • Lin • Mahásë • Martine-Teller • Mendez • Miraskin • M'Ress • Mueller • Muir • North • Nyssa • E. Palmer • L. Palmer • Peretz • Pilar • Putman • Riley • T'zeela • Talliflores • Uhura • Vehau • Vigelshevsky • Wirrering|
|see also: administrative personnel • engineering personnel • medical personnel • pilots & flight control personnel • security & tactical personnel • sciences personnel • senior staff • unnamed|