The system's primary was a main sequence K class star, classified as K3V. It was orbited by seven planets; the three innermost were rocky planets, and the four outer planets were class J gas giants, only one of which didn't have a ring system. An asteroid belt separated the third and fourth planets. The system had unusually high concentrations of docelerite particles within a six-billion-kilometer radius of its star, and within the asteroid belt.
- FGC-38919 Primary - K3V class star
- FGC-38919 I - mostly molten lead and iron.
- FGC-38919 II - class N reducing planet; superdense atmosphere of sulfuric acid, carbon dioxide, and methane.
- FGC-38919 III - class L marginal planet; nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere.
- Asteroid belt
- FGC-38919 IV - class J gas giant; ring system with at least 12 moons.
- FGC-38919 V - pale blue class J planet; ring system with at least 12 moons.
- FGC-38919 VI - class J gas giant with at least 12 moons.
- FGC-38919 VII - class J gas giant with at least 12 moons.
In early 2384, the USS Enterprise-E entered the system after pursuing a transport vessel, and concealed itself within the atmosphere of the fifth planet while monitoring the transport and a Breen starship. (TNG - Cold Equations novel: The Persistence of Memory)