Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Station Diamandis I hosts a conference of top medical specialists from across the Federation. A deep-space escape pod arrives at the station shortly before the conference, its passengers suffering from an unknown crystalizing contagion that turns the infected to a stone-like substance. The station’s entire complement is rendered paralyzed in less than a day, and The Doctor, the only being immune to the disease, quarantines the station. Several other escape pods are detected heading for populated worlds. Drs. Beverly Crusher, Julian Bashir, and Kate Pulaski arrive soon after but remain aboard their runabout. Suspicious that this disease is like nothing ever recorded by Federation medicine, the doctors realize that certain critical records have been erased from the medical database. The deleted files came from the Enterprise 1701, so runabout party tracks down Dr. Leonard McCoy, who’s returned to Viirre V.
Upon reviewing The Doctor’s readings, McCoy makes a connection to a 2269 mission to solve a medical emergency at a trading post. The colonists were suffering from the same malady and colony physician Dr. Phlox and McCoy realized that one of the traders had recent illicit contact with the Tholians. He picked up the virus that turned humanoids (except for Denobulans, apparently) into a crystalline structure similar to the Tholians. With that knowledge in hand, they soon developed a cure, and that data is still contained in the tricorder McCoy held on to as a memento.
The Doctor investigates the database tampering and he locates and captures the saboteur aboard the station. He learns that the man was a mercenary for a Tholian splinter group favoring a radical expansionist agenda. They planned to release their virus on several nearby worlds, creating a more hospitable environment for themselves while eradicating the existing population. They hoped to ensure their plan’s success by first wiping out the Federation’s medical database and its top medical minds. The runabout delivers the cure, the station is saved, and the Tholian plot is defeated.
This is the first (so far, the only) comic to feature characters from all 5 series.
True to form, Pulaski extends her racism to the Doctor, but she eventually realizes his skills and worth.
- Arex • Julian Bashir • Christine Chapel • Beverly Crusher • The Doctor • Hava • Hollander • James T. Kirk • Jabilo M'Benga • Maryniak • Leonard McCoy • Phlox • Katherine Pulaski • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Travers • Nyota Uhura • Zweig
- Space Station Diamandis 1 • Surata IV • Viirre-5 Agricultural Cultivation Facility • Epsilon Zeta 7 Outpost
- Referenced only
- Deep Space 9 • Copernicus Station
- USS Enterprise (Constitution-class) • Tholian starship (Spinner-class) • Halamandaris
- Referenced only
- USS Enterprise-E (Sovereign-class) • USS Repulse • USS Voyager
Races & culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
- Emergency Medical Hologram • Nanoprobe • Ensign • Commander • Yellow Alert • Escape pod • Runabout • 2269
- Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone article at Memory Alpha, the wiki for canon Star Trek.
- Crusher, Bashir & Pulaski Team Up in IDW's Flesh and Stone, Available Now at StarTrek.com, the official Star Trek website