|Series:||Starfleet Corps of Engineers|
|Author(s):||Dayton Ward and Kevin Dilmore|
|Published:||Paperback - March 2004|
|Stardate:|| 1197.6, 3176.9, 7981.3
In the twenty-fourth century, the U.S.S. da Vinci and its S.C.E. team led by Commander Sonya Gomez roam the galaxy, solving the technical problems of the universe in a state-of-the-art ship. But the road to the da Vinci was a difficult one, as the S.C.E. had to go through its share of growing pains back in the twenty-third century....
- Book One
One hundred and twelve years before the heyday of the da Vinci, Montgomery Scott took an assignment to the Romulan Neutral Zone to work alongside the crew of the U.S.S. Lovell and her staff from the Starfleet Corps of Engineers. But this S.C.E. is much different from the modern version -- a down-and-dirty team of technicians given the worst jobs in the fleet. When the repair of one of the Neutral Zone outposts goes horribly wrong, Scotty and the nascent S.C.E. team must work together to keep the outpost in one piece....
- Book Two
Over a century before the days of the da Vinci, the Starship Enterprise encountered -- and deactivated -- a world-running computer called Landru on Beta III. In the aftermath of the incident, a team of engineers, led by Montgomery Scott, is tasked with getting Beta III back on its feet. But even in "death," Landru's influence can still be felt....
- Book Three
A century before the heyday of the da Vinci, an engineering accident on an experimental Kelvan ship sent Scotty and an S.C.E. team led by his old friend Commander Mahmud al-Khaled into uncharted space. When a group of hostile aliens demands that they leave or face the consequences, the S.C.E. must work against the clock to repair the ship or face destruction!
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
- Carol Abramowitz • Mahmud al-Khaled • Jeffrey Anderson • Bilar • Alicia Burke • Evert Celine • Daltren • Drea • Kieran Duffy • Bart Faulwell • Diego Feliciano • Ghrex • David Gold • Sonya Gomez • Hacom • Jane Hamilton • Hanar • Hoyt • Ircoral • J'lenn • Jahn • Kellerman • Paul LeGere • Christopher Lindstrom • Marplon • Vanessa Masters • Nrech'lah • Nirsrose • Brian O'Halloran • Daniel Okagawa • Joanne Piotrowski • Reger • Robin Rusconi • Montgomery Scott • Soloman • Fabian Stevens • Tkellan • Tomar • Tula • Molan lek Xav • Talev zh'Thren
- Referenced only
- Alhena al-Khaled • Jil Barnak • Bohan • Richard Daystrom • Dorin • Robert Fox • James T. Kirk • Elizabeth Lense • Anthony Mark • Gabriel Marshall • Leonard McCoy • Heihachiro Nogura • Rojan • Spock • Thompson • William of Occam • Songmin Wong • Worf
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- USS Archon • USS Chandley • USS da Vinci • USS Defiant • Durgejiin (Lutralian warship) • USS Enterprise • USS Enterprise-D • USS Hippocrates • USS Lexington • USS Lovell (Daedalus-class) • Mole • USS Tucker
- Aberdeen • Andromeda Galaxy • Beta III • Beta Quadrant • Delta Tau III • Earth • Eerlik • Empok Nor • Maeglin • Memory Alpha • New Kelva • NGC 321 • Eminiar • Outpost 5 • Qualor II • Rigel XII • Risa • Romulan Neutral Zone • Sector 68H • Starbase 2 • Starbase 10 • Starbase 22 • Starfleet Headquarters • Tau Delta III
Races and culturesEdit
- Alpha Centauran • Andorian • Archons • Betan • Bynar • Ferengi • Kelvan • Klingon • Lutralian • Medusan • Romulan • Senuta • Tellarite • Tholian • Vulcan
States and organizationsEdit
- "the Body" • Elders • Federation Council • Federation Diplomatic Corps • Kelvan Empire • Klingon Empire • Lawgivers • Lutralian Central Command • Lutralian Hegemony • Starfleet • Starfleet Academy • Starfleet Corps of Engineers • Starfleet Medical Service • Starfleet Research and Development • United Federation of Planets
- anti-gravity unit • babushka • Cajun spice • Canopian spiced salad • chicken broth • Denevan whiskey • deuterium • disruptor cannon • doamjah oil • duotronic computer • Earth-Romulan War • elbbarcs wine • electromagnetic pulse • environmental suit • Federation News Network • Feinberg receiver • "the Festival" • first contact • galactic barrier • Ganitriul • goldfish • Guardian • haggis • Hall of Audiences • hand laser • hologram • hull plating • interphasic coil • ion drive • Landru • lasagna • M-5 computer • Mark II laser cannon • Mark III laser-drilling pack • Mark IX artillery cannon • Occam's Razor • plastisteel • plexisteel • plomeek soup • projectile weapon • proton pump inhibitor • PXK reactor • ration pack #47 • Red Hour • root beer • Scotch • self destruct • sonic shower • "space bag" • spatial torpedo • Starfleet Corps of Engineers Command Liaison • subspace relay beacon • tea • Tellarite story • transtator • transwarp • tuna salad sandwich • Type II phaser • universal translator • vegetables
- Foundations was originally published in three parts in the Star Trek: Starfleet Corps of Engineers eBook series (# 17, 18 and 19). It was later reprinted in a single paperback volume, with minor changes to the connecting material, and billed as "The first full-length novel starring the Starfleet Corps of Engineers!"
- Original eBook covers by Mike Collins:
- USS Lovell - These stories mark the introduction the 23rd century S.C.E. crew of the Lovell. The ship and crew later appeared in other SCE ebooks; Where Time Stands Still and Distant Early Warning, the latter acting as a prelude to the Star Trek: Vanguard series. The Lovell has since appeared in the subsequent Vanguard novels Summon the Thunder, Reap the Whirlwind, and Open Secrets.
- In the Name of Honor - In Book Three, the mention of an Andorian captain of a science vessel who recently ordered the self-destruction of her ship is an apparent reference to the events from co-author Dayton Ward's earlier novel.
|Media featuring the USS Lovell|
|Star Trek: Corps of Engineers||Foundations • Where Time Stands Still • Distant Early Warning|
|Star Trek: Vanguard||Summon the Thunder • Reap the Whirlwind • Open Secrets|
|Characters||Daniel Okagawa • Araev zh'Rhun • Mahmud al-Khaled • Moves-With-Burning-Grace • Molan lek Xav|
|SCE eBooks||Next eBook:|
|SCE omnibuses||Next book:|
Rising Son (Chapter 9)
The Return of the Archons
|Voyages of the |
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701)
(2264 to 2270)
Book Two Chapters 2-8
A Taste of Armageddon
|The above chronology placements are based on the primary placement in 2376.|
The Pocket Books Timeline places events from this story in three other timeframes:
Book One, Chapters 2-7
Enterprise: The First Adventure
The Return of the Archons
Book Two, Chapters 2-8
A Little More Action
Book Three, Chapters 2-7
The Pandora Principle