|Series:||The Original Series|
|Teleplay by:||D.C. Fontana|
|Directed by:||Joseph Pevney|
|Novelization in:||Star Trek 3 by James Blish|
|First aired:||1 December 1967|
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
- Akaar • Leonard James Akaar • Pavel Chekov • Duur • Eleen • Grant • Hadley • Keel • James T. Kirk • Kras • Ed Leslie • Maab • Leonard McCoy • Raal • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Nyota Uhura • Raal (Capellan) • unnamed Klingons
- Referenced only
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
- Sabbath • Harper's Weekly • robe • topaline • iron • gold • silver • wool • zakdir • phaser • communicator • sword • knife • boomerang • klugat • hawk • uniform • clothing • English • Old High Martian • Latin • Greek • fortran • calculus • Vegan language • makeen • sound bomb • bloodhound • pigeon • bow • arrow • throwing stick • starfish • ox • kligat • magnasite-nitron tablet • shale • signal booster • sympathetic vibration • teer • topaline
- In the original version of the episode the Enterprise encounters an unidentified Klingon scout ship. In the 2007 remastered version of the episode a D7 class like vessel is added in its place. The comic "Against Their Nature" establishes a smaller D7-like scout vessel in operation in this era, this scout could be of this class.
- In the novelization, the planet was Ceres rather than Capella IV.
- There were no Klingons on Capella IV in the novelization.
- The novelization states that the locals were Human decendants.
- Star Trek: Myriad Universes novel: A Less Perfect Union states that the locals were very Human-like.
- From the Depths (TOS novel)
- The Peacekeeper (TOS comic) - In this Comic, Dr. McCoy reminds Captain Kirk on the events of this Episode in order to help him with a difficult decision, which might violate the Prime Directive.
|TOS episode produced||Next episode:|
Who Mourns for Adonais?
Journey to Babel
|TOS episode aired||Next episode:|
The Deadly Years
|Star Trek 3||Next story:|
Invasion!: First Strike
|Voyages of the |
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701)
(2264 to 2270)
Invasion!: First Strike