Thorne's most recent work is the fourth novel in the Star Trek: Titan series, Sword of Damocles. He has plans for a story featuring the MACOs and a desire to write a story "involving every Trek crew." 
Thorne is one of several authors who have produced annotations for their published works.
- "The Soft Room" (TNG short story, Strange New Worlds VI, 2003)
- "Chiaroscuro" (DS9 short story, Prophecy and Change, 2003)
- "Concurrence" (Speculations short story, Strange New Worlds 8, 2005)
- "Or the Tiger" (VOY short story, Distant Shores, 2005)
- Sword of Damocles (TTN novel, 2007)