- (Due to a coloring error in Double Blind, Harb's hair was colored brown rather than the white described in the novels.)
Harb Tanzer in 2285.
|Previous Assignment:||USS Enterprise|
Harb's duty was to keep morale on the ship high by providing new and different forms of entertainment for off-duty personnel. To this end, Harb utilized a computer system with an advanced (for its time) Artificial Intelligence that he dubbed Moira. Moira helped Harb develop such entertainments as Four-Dimensional Chess, computerized battle simulations, and projecting old two-dimensional holo's for viewing. Dr. McCoy once even utilized Moira to secretly gain access to planetary computers of the Vulcan government.
When the ship was boarded by hostile Romulans led by Tafv tr'Rllaillieu, Harb helped to defend Rec Room One from the invaders. The transporter system in the Four-Dimensional Chess was later used to help free the Enterprise from Tafv's forces. By changing the circuitry they were able to beam time-delayed hand weapons using a Tricorder to get the location after a rescue party had given to them.
- Although the artwork and coloring in his comic appearance is roughly done, it seems that Harb is wearing a lieutenant commander or commander insignia of Starfleet rank. He wears yellow divisional patches on his 2285 uniform jacket, despite his department being described by author Diane Duane as a medical or science division (meaning he should have worn green or grey insignia stripes).
- TOS novel: The Wounded Sky
- TOS novel: My Enemy, My Ally
- TOS novel: Spock's World
- TOS novel: Doctor's Orders
- TOS video game: The Kobayashi Alternative
- TOS novel: Swordhunt
- TOS novel: Honor Blade
- TOS novel: The Empty Chair
- TOS novel: Rules of Engagement
- TOS - Double Blind comics: "Double Blind, Part One", "Double Blind, Part II"
- TOS omnibus Rihannsu: The Bloodwing Voyages