- Ship's log, star-date 3134.6.
- Our chronometers still run backward. We have followed the radiation to its planet-source here at the rim of the galaxy, but something else is happening...
When we left Earth, each of the 450 crewmembers of the Enterprise was checked out stable. But it's been two years- so much stress on them. We have continuous psych-probes, but we know some have been altered. Even some who may have gone sour: We can't knowuntil the flaw shows up.
And by then, it's too late... Much too late...
- Ship's log, star-date 3133.4
- This cinder, this empty death of a world.
This is the source of the strange radiation that had our clocks running backward. How odd that Beckwith should choose this ghost of a world for his escape.
I am transporting two shifts for patrol- Rand, Spock, myself, and six enlisted crew. We'll find him.
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Technology and weaponsEdit
1st in series
Harlan Ellison's The City on the Edge of Forever, Issue 2
- Harlan Ellison's The City on the Edge of Forever, Issue 1 article at Memory Alpha, the wiki for canon Star Trek.
- The City on the Edge of Forever #1 Out This Wednesday at StarTrek.com, the official Star Trek website