From the back cover: When Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise receive news of a human planet hidden in the center of an immense stellar cloud, they immediately investigate.
Penetrating the cloud, the Starship crew is shocked to discover a world of knights and serfs lifted right out of Earth's Middle Ages. Ruthlessly exploiting the planet is a ring of interstellar trophy hunters preying on the immense, native dragon-lizards, twenty-feet tall and armored like tanks.
Beaming down, an away team soon becomes embroiled in a web of intrigue and murder. Taken prisoner, Picard, Riker, Data, and Ro must somehow escape and stop the hunters or face destruction from the hunters' ancient weapon, based on an advanced technology capable of utterly annihilating the Starship Enterprise....
- Reginald Barclay • Beverly Crusher • Data • Geordi LaForge • Castor Nayfack • Keiko O'Brien • Miles O'Brien • Jean-Luc Picard • William Riker • Ro Laren • Alexander Rozhenko • Deanna Troi • Worf
- Referenced only
- Irwin Allen • Roger Corman • William Shakespeare
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
- android • Bajoran • Betazoid • Human • Klingon
- Referenced only
- Cardassian • Ferengi • Preserver • Romulan
States and organizationsEdit
Science and technologyEdit
- airlock • beta tachyon • Black Death • bubonic plague • minute • nebula • star • subspace • tachyon emission field • time
Ranks and titlesEdit
- agent • archaeologist • captain • chief engineer • counselor • duke • knight • officer • poacher • second officer • security guard • security officer • serf
- Aldebaran sand eel • angel • belfry • Bible • bloodbat • day • dragon • empathy • German • gorilla • Indiana Jones • Macbeth • map • Middle Ages • money • motion picture • nightclaw • planet • Preserver language • Prime Directive • science • technology • uniform • war • year
Guises of the Mind
|TNG numbered novels||Next novel:|
Sins of Commission
2nd and 3rd entries