Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I, Enterprise, Part 1 is the thirtieth issue of IDW Publishing's 2011 ongoing series of Star Trek comics. The issue is the first part of a two-part story arc by writer Mike Johnson, releasing in March 2014. Issue art will be by Erfan Fajar , with Roberto Orci credited as creative consultant.
- PREVIOUSLY IN STAR TREK...
- The U.S.S. Enterprise has embarked on a new Five-Year Mission after the events of Star Trek Into Darkness. Among the ship's new crew is the Science Officer 0718, whose remarkable origin has remained a mystery.. until now.
"I am Science Officer 0718. I am Starfleet's first and only humanoid mainframe interface. From my station on the Enterprise bridge, I monitor every real-time process executed by the ship's computers. I inform the captain of the slightest change in the ship's automated systems and alert him to any potential complications. It is my responsibility to analyze trillions of data-paths per second. I have been called the brain of the organism that is the Enterprise. Like any organism, the Enterprise is comprised of many parts, each performing a critical function each with their own demands on the ship's finite resources. For the organism, and all those who depend on her to survive , to thrive I must remain vigilant. I prefer to spend the hours that I am not on duty in the ship's botanical lab. I have commenced a study comparing biological and computational pathways. Each system is unique in structure, but similar in complexity. Life is a concept as vast and limitless as space itself and as surprising, as the Enterprise discovered precisely two years, twenty-seven days, forty-three minutes, and seven seconds ago."
This is the story Science Officer 0718 tells the reader:
Shortly before facing Khan, Kirk and Spock discover an unknown world that happens to be a perfect sphere. Because of its perfection, there is the possibility that it might have been created by intelligent design. Kirk, Spock, Chekov, and Zahra beam down to the sphere. They discover that the sphere absorbs and releases radiation from its sun. They suspect that the planet is alive. The radiation is causing trouble for communications. The landing party returns to the ship.
When Spock transfers his tricorder data into the computer, it is suddenly quarantined. Spock and Chekov are confused. Spock soon finds out from Mr. Scott that the computer has gone crazy. It is not responding to his commands. Just then, the Enterprise starts really going crazy. First, its shields go up, and it is about to fire photon torpedoes. Then, it attempts a saucer separation. It is then stopped. Scott receives an electric shock. While McCoy examines Scott, one of the surgery bays closes on its own. It creates a new life-form who says he is the Enterprise. This is the beginning of Science Officer 0718.
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Technology and weaponsEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- TOS movie: Star Trek Into Darkness - The origin of Science Officer 0718 is depicted. It is also set shortly before the events of the movie.
- TOS comic: "Countdown to Darkness"-follows after the encounter with Capt. April.
- TOS movie: The Motion Picture - This is loosely based on The Motion Picture. It features a humanoid created by the ship.
Parallel Lives, Part 2
|The Original Series (IDW series)||next comic:|
I, Enterprise!, Part 2
- I, Enterprise! Part 1 article at Memory Alpha, the wiki for canon Star Trek.
- It's Enterprise vs. Enterprise in "I, Enterprise" at StarTrek.com, the official Star Trek website