Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Interphase Book One and Two are the fourth and fifth installments in the Star Trek: Starfleet Corps of Engineers series, written by Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore and published in February and March 2001. In 2002 Book One was reprinted in the paperback omnibus Have Tech, Will Travel, Book Two in Miracle Workers.
- More than a century ago, the U.S.S. Defiant disappeared with all hands into an interspatial rift deep in Tholian territory. Now the derelict ship has been seen drifting in and out of ordinary space, and the Tholian authorities have reluctantly agreed to let Starfleet retrieve the Defiant from the rift. Perhaps, at long last, the lost ship can be brought home and its valiant crew paid their final respects.
- Captain David Gold and an S.C.E. team from the U.S.S. da Vinci succeed in boarding the Defiant, but their investigation soon uncovers a dangerous secret. For more than a hundred years, an ancient super-weapon has been hidden away within the scarred and lifeless starship, along with evidence of a long-forgotten atrocity – evidence that could ignite a vast interstellar war!
- With Captain David Gold and an away team trapped on the other side of an interdimensional rift, Lieutenant Commander Kieran Duffy finds himself in command of the U.S.S. da Vinci just as the ship comes under attack by the Tholians. The enemy is armed with a new and improved version of their infamous energy web and the da Vinci is badly outnumbered, but fleeing the battle means abandoning the captain and others to an unknown fate outside this universe. There, marooned aboard a derelict vessel, Gold and his S.C.E. team struggle to keep the madness-inducing effects of the rift from driving them to suicide and murder before they can find a way to escape the realm of Interphase.
- The exciting conclusion of an all-new two-part adventure!
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
- Carol Abramowitz • P8 Blue • Nancy Conlon • John Copper • Domenica Corsi • Kieran Duffy • Dlyax • Bart Faulwell • David Gold • Sonya Gomez • Grelin • Elizabeth Lense • Gabriel Marshall • David McAllan • Nostrene • Montgomery Scott • Soloman • Fabian Stevens • Sandy Wetzel • Songmin Wong
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Background information Edit
- This was the first multi-part SCE story.
- This was also the first collaboration between Ward and Dilmore, who would go on to become two of the most frequent contributors to the SCE series, as well as collaborating on numerous other Star Trek projects.
- This story has since been contradicted by the events seen in the Star Trek: Enterprise two-part episode "In a Mirror, Darkly", which established the Defiant was pulled into the mirror universe.
- Another Star Trek story, published by DC Comics, titled "Raise the Defiant" (published as part of the Winter 1994 Special #2), dealt with a similar premise, this time with the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A successfully extracting the USS Defiant from the interphase circa the year 2290. This likewise contradicts not only Star Trek: Enterprise, but also this story.
- The German translation was released by Cross Cult in April and May 2014. The duology was translated by Susanne Picard and featured new cover art by Martin Frei.
|SCE eBooks||Next eBook:|
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next Adventure:|
Wildfire, Book 2
Chapter 8 section 7