|Affiliation:||United Earth, Earth Starfleet|
|Commanding officer:||Captain Carlos Ramirez|
In 2156, the Intrepid was part of a war game in which a shuttlepod from the Enterprise penetrated the warp detection grid in the Sol system, displaying the weakness which had been exploited by the Romulans in other systems. The Intrepid was also part of the Earth Starfleet armada that retook Berengaria VII from the Romulan Star Empire. (ENT - The Romulan War novel: Beneath the Raptor's Wing)
In 2159 the Intrepid along with Enterprise and Republic escorted a supply convoy. In the Vorkado system where they were attacked by a Romulan ship. In the ensuing battle the Intrepid' and the Republic suffered severe damage, among the few casualties were Captain Ramirez. (ENT - The Romulan War novel: To Brave the Storm)
- It is unknown if the Intrepid was destroyed or not after or during the Earth-Romulan War. However, the launch of an NX-class starship Intrepid shortly before 2161 suggests that the Intrepid may have been retired or destroyed prior to this date.
In an alternate timeline where Earth was successfully destroyed by the Xindi's superweapon, the Intrepid was one of the few Starfleet vessels to survive the attack and subsequent Xindi attempts to wipe out the rest of humanity. Along with the Enterprise and one other Starfleet ship the Intrepid escorted the last surviving six-thousand Humans to the Ceti Alpha system and patrolled the system once a colony had been estableshed on Ceti Alpha V.
In 2165, Captain Malcolm Reed was due to replace Ramirez as commander of the Intrepid, but was killed while aboard the Enterprise when the Xindi attacked. The Intrepid was also involved in the battle, and was severely damaged, her port nacelle severed. (ENT episode: "Twilight")
- ENT episode: "The Expanse"
- ENT episode: "Twilight"
- ENT episode: "Storm Front"
- ENT - The Romulan War novel: Beneath the Raptor's Wing
- ENT - The Romulan War novel: To Brave the Storm
- ENT - Rise of the Federation novel: A Choice of Futures (mentioned only)