- For other uses, see Iowa.
Iowa is located in the north central area of the United States. The eastern border of Iowa was the Mississippi River, and the western border was in part comprised of the Missouri River.
Iowa was the home of the Kirk family. Captain James T. Kirk was originally from Iowa, having been born in the town of Riverside on 2 March 2233 (TOS novels: Final Frontier, Spectre; TOS movie: The Voyage Home; TOS comic: "The Ashes of Eden")
Craig Kirk was visiting relatives in Iowa when his mother and father were killed by neural parasites on Deneva. Following the incident Craig decided to stay in Iowa where he worked as an engineer and lived on a farm. He had a family; a daughter, and a son - Sinjin Kirk. (TNG video game: Away Team)
Bodies of waterEdit
|Geographical regions of the United States of America|
|States and districts||Alabama • Alaska • Arizona • Arkansas • California • Cibola • Colorado • District of Columbia • Connecticut • Delaware • Florida • Georgia • Hawaii • Idaho • Illinois • Indiana • Iowa • Kansas • Kentucky • Louisiana • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Michigan • Minnesota • Mississippi • Missouri • Montana • Nebraska • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • North Carolina • North Dakota • Ohio • Oklahoma • Oregon • Pennsylvania • Rhode Island • South Carolina • South Dakota • Tennessee • Texas • Utah • Vermont • Virginia • Washington • West Virginia • Wisconsin • Wyoming|
|Geographical and cultural regions||Midwest • New England • Pacific Northwest • The South|
- Actress Kate Mulgrew, who played Kathryn Janeway, is a native of Iowa. Mulgrew was born and raised in Dubuque, Iowa.
- Actress Terry Farrell, who played Jadzia Dax on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine was born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Actor Walter Koenig, who played Pavel Chekov, also attended Grinnell College before to transferring to UCLA.
- Actor Stephen Collins, who played Commander Willard Decker in Star Trek The Motion Picture was born in Des Moines, Iowa