Characteristics and historyEdit
Iridium has an atomic mass of 192.2. This element was discovered by Humans for the first time on Earth's European continent in France and England, in the year 1804. (ST reference: Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual)
Iridium can be used in the repair of starships, and has a very brief half-life.
While performing a survey of a planet in the Hobus star system in 2387, Ayel, science officer of the Narada, detected trace amounts of iridium and deuterium, as well as large deposits of decalithium. (ST - Countdown comic: "Number One")
- TOS episode: "Bread and Circuses"
- ST reference: Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual
- ST - Countdown comic: "Number One"
- TOS - Rihannsu novel: My Enemy, My Ally
- TNG novel: Doomsday World
- TOS comic: "The Argon Affair!"
- TOS novel: Inception
- VOY episodes: "Sacred Ground", "Critical Care"