| Atomic number
| Atomic weight
Iron (symbol Fe) is a chemical element, a transition metal with atomic number 26 on the periodic table.
Characteristics and historyEdit
Iron has an atomic mass of 55.847. This element was discovered by Humans for the first time on Earth's ancient history. (ST reference: Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual)
Iron in the blood was one of the few things about the composition of the largely carbon Humans the Horta Ttan could recognise as life as she knew it.
Iron is a good signal when mining for latinum crystals as they typically form near deposits of the metal. (DS9 novel: Devil in the Sky)
- TOS episodes: "Balance of Terror", "The Alternative Factor", "The Squire of Gothos"
- TOS episodes: "Metamorphosis", "Catspaw", "Obsession", "A Private Little War", "The Omega Glory", "Patterns of Force", "Friday's Child"
- VOY episodes: "The 37's", "One Small Step", "Once Upon a Time", "Blink of an Eye", "Rise"
- TNG episodes: "The Dauphin", "The Vengeance Factor", "The Inner Light", "A Fistful of Datas", "Time's Arrow"
- ENT episodes: "Terra Nova", "The Communicator"
- TOS movie: The Voyage Home
- TAS episode: "The Pirates of Orion"
- DS9 novel: Devil in the Sky
- TOS novels: Spock Must Die!, Spock, Messiah!, Devil World
- TOS novels: The Entropy Effect, Ishmael, The Kobayashi Maru, Home is the Hunter, Crossroad, Unspoken Truth
- TOS - Rihannsu novel: My Enemy, My Ally
- TOS comics: "We Are Dying, Egypt, Dying!", "The Last Word"
- TNG novels: Infiltrator, The Forgotten War
- DS9 - Invasion! novel: Time's Enemy
- ST references: Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual, Spaceflight Chronology
- ST novel: Excelsior: Forged in Fire
- FASA RPG module: The Four Years War
- ST - New Worlds, New Civilizations short story: "225 Years of Service"
- TLE - Terok Nor novel: Day of the Vipers
- VOY - Captain Proton: Defender of the Earth short story: "The Planets of the Future"
- TTN novels: Over a Torrent Sea, Synthesis
- ENT - The Romulan War novel: Beneath the Raptor's Wing