- Curse word, apparently comparable with "damn" in English. (TOS - The Brave and the Bold, Book One novella: The First Artifact)
- divine wind is the direct translation. The latter usage of "kamikaze" originated on Earth during the Second World War. Seeking to stop the advance of American forces, Japanese forces often made such suicide runs against Allied ships, often in planes laden with explosives. (TOS novel: Dreams of the Raven)
- Ritual suicide in the Japanese culture. (TOS novel: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 1)
- Japanese language article at Memory Alpha, the wiki for canon Star Trek.
- Japanese language article at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.