The sound "k" does not exist as such in tlhIngan Hol, so the original pronunciation of words spelled in translation with "k" or "kh" is (in pIqaD, the tlhIngan Hol alphabet) either q or Q (note capitalizations), depending on how harsh they were. The digraph "kl" was typically pronounced tlh in the original Klingon.
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
|Alphabetical list of Klingonese glossary|
|0-9 | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | '|
- Klingonaase word which literally translates as "facially experienced", referring to a person with scars, burns and/or other injuries on their face. Considered a compliment. (FASA module: The Klingons)
- Klingonese proper name. (TOS - Who Killed Captain Kirk? comic: "Old Loyalties")
- Klingonese for "iron hand", see also IKS Khorazhar. (FASA RPG module: Termination: 1456)
- Klingonaase expletive commonly used as a curse word. It was a favorite of Curzon Dax. Ezri Dax used it in 2377. (TOS novels: The Final Reflection, Rules of Engagement, DS9 novel: Fearful Symmetry)
- In The Final Reflection, the root word "khest" was also used by Klingon characters, with context clues showing that the word had a translated meaning of "subjugation" (to put it mildly). "Khest'n" itself is a rare term in that it was used both in klingonaase, the Klingon language mentioned in that earliest appearance, and also in tlhIngan Hol, the Klingon language from Marc Okrand's The Klingon Dictionary that was spoken by Klingons in Rules of Engagement.'
- Klingonese word used as a proper name, traditionally known to mean "fierce one". (TOS - Who Killed Captain Kirk? comic: "Old Loyalties")
- Klingonese for "bringer of destruction", with the K't'inga-class and starships IKS K't'inga and IKC K't'inga named for this concept. The star K't'inga was so named as well. (FASA RPG module: Klingon Ship Recognition Manual) It is spelled qItI’nga’ in tlhIngan Hol. (ST reference: Klingon for the Galactic Traveler)
- Klingonaase term referring to one who has allowed themselves to be subjugated into the service of another stronger person. While older translations had this as "slave", author J.M. Ford suggested this was inflammatory and suggested it be rendered as "servitor". (TOS - Worlds Apart novel: The Final Reflection)