Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
|Alphabetical list of Klingonese glossary|
|0-9 | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | '|
Note on orthographyEdit
Romanized tlhIngan Hol makes a distinction between the symbols q and Q, and substituting one for the other can completely change the meaning of a word or sentence. For example, while the sentence voDleH vIqIHmeH Qo'noS vIlenglI'. means "I'm traveling to Qo'noS to meet the Emperor.", the sentence voDleH vIQIHmeH Qo'noS vIlenglI'. instead means "I'm traveling to Qo'noS to destroy the Emperor." (ST reference: The Klingon Dictionary)
- qa'meH quv
- tlhIngan Hol term for Species 8472, lit. "replacers of honor with dishonor" (ST video game: Star Trek Online)
- According to tlhIngan Hol reference material such as The Klingon Dictionary, this is in fact grammatically incorrect and directly translates as "honorable for replacing".
- QamvIS Hegh qaq law' torvIS yIn qaq puS
- tlhIngan Hol invocation, literally "better to die on one's feet than live on one's knees". (STO novel: The Needs of the Many)
- A tlhIngan Hol word meaning "success" (or "absence of failure"). It is often used in parting, as a near equivalent of "Good luck.", "Farewell." or "Godspeed." (TOS movie: Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, ST reference: The Klingon Dictionary)
- tlhIngan Hol translation of "Cardassian", lit. "inhabitant of Cardassia" (ST reference: Klingon for the Galactic Traveler)
- QaS DevwI'
- tlhIngan Hol term meaning "troop leader", a member of a Klingon starship's command crew responsible for leading the naval infantry embarked aboard the ship during combat actions. (ST references: The Klingon Dictionary, Klingon for the Galactic Traveler; STO mission: "Day of Honor")
- tlhIngan Hol word for a dried mixture of plant and/or animal parts used for making tea. (ST reference: Klingon for the Galactic Traveler)
- tlhIngan Hol verb that translates as "meet (for the first time)". A more general word for "meet" is ghom. (ST reference: The Klingon Dictionary)
- tlhIngan Hol term for the place where the first Klingons came from; analogous to Eden or paradise. It is used in a different context than the Klingon analogue to heaven: Sto-Vo-Kor, where honored warriors go in the after life. (TOS movie: The Final Frontier, ST video game: Star Trek: Klingon)
- tlhIngan Hol profanity of uncertain translation. (ST reference: The Klingon Dictionary, ST novel: Excelsior: Forged in Fire, ST reference: The Klingon Dictionary)
- tlhIngan Hol term referring to a Klingon's uncushioned sleeping surface. It is a compound word of Qong "to sleep" and Daq "site, location". (ST reference: Klingon for the Galactic Traveler, TNG - The Brave and the Bold, Book Two novella: The Final Artifact)
- tlhIngan Hol referring to the concept of honor. It can be used either as a noun ("honor") or as a verb ("be honored"). (ST reference: The Klingon Dictionary)
- See also: batlh